Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To our new ForumModerators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: To our new ForumModerators

Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    To all reading this thread,

The moderators are here to stay. We are not leaving. No amount of griping about the group of moderators is going to change the job of moderators keeping an eye out for transgressors of the Forum Guideline.

Anyone in the MTF can state their personal views, however wasting time moaning about posters lost to the MTF and the amount of moderation could be better spent engaging in other threads about things other than the group of moderators now in place.

Have fun! Be serious! Argue if you don't agree with a poster!

All of that was done, is done, and can be done in MTF by the moderator board is not going to be changed by the postings of the few that feel that we are unnecessary.

Read the MTF Guidelines!

If any of the posters go against the MTF Guidelines, they will be reviewed (if not reviewed already), and action will be taken against any posters that ignore the rules.

It can't get any simpler to understand than to read and to acknowledge that all of you have read the MTF Guidelines by not stepping over the line in the postings in the MTF.

Now, all of you posters that feel that you have a belly ache against the standards of the MTF...

Stick around and have fun! Not at the expense of others, breaking the rules. Have fun while checking your ways of being cyberbullies.

Know that the moderators are here to keep the MTF running as smoothly as possible.

Know that there no axes to grind within the moderators, to fling out those that break the MTF Guidelines rules. What has been done and will be done is our job.

We are human, and we try to keep our activities down to a minimum, although it might appear that we rush to judgement, by some of you.

The Rules are the Rules.

If anyone feels offended, it may be wise to review your own actions within the MTF.

If any of you feel that we have been mean, and those persons have not done anything that is censurable, know that there are no feelings of revenge amongst the moderators.

Our job is our job. As plain and simple as that.
    It's when GIs ain't gripin is when you need to worry.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    To all reading this thread,

The moderators are here to stay. We are not leaving. No amount of griping about the group of moderators is going to change the job of moderators keeping an eye out for transgressors of the Forum Guideline.

Anyone in the MTF can state their personal views, however wasting time moaning about posters lost to the MTF and the amount of moderation could be better spent engaging in other threads about things other than the group of moderators now in place.

Have fun! Be serious! Argue if you don't agree with a poster!

All of that was done, is done, and can be done in MTF by the moderator board is not going to be changed by the postings of the few that feel that we are unnecessary.

Read the MTF Guidelines!

If any of the posters go against the MTF Guidelines, they will be reviewed (if not reviewed already), and action will be taken against any posters that ignore the rules.

It can't get any simpler to understand than to read and to acknowledge that all of you have read the MTF Guidelines by not stepping over the line in the postings in the MTF.

Now, all of you posters that feel that you have a belly ache against the standards of the MTF...

Stick around and have fun! Not at the expense of others, breaking the rules. Have fun while checking your ways of being cyberbullies.

Know that the moderators are here to keep the MTF running as smoothly as possible.

Know that there no axes to grind within the moderators, to fling out those that break the MTF Guidelines rules. What has been done and will be done is our job.

We are human, and we try to keep our activities down to a minimum, although it might appear that we rush to judgement, by some of you.

The Rules are the Rules.

If anyone feels offended, it may be wise to review your own actions within the MTF.

If any of you feel that we have been mean, and those persons have not done anything that is censurable, know that there are no feelings of revenge amongst the moderators.

Our job is our job. As plain and simple as that.

This is one of several posts which I view as warnings over posting anything regarding the MTF moderators. I am curious if you see the paradox in extoling us to “Have fun! Be serious! Argue if you don't agree with a poster” and yet telling us that “moaning about posters lost to the MTF and the amount of moderation” is not going to pass muster.

This thread has been dormant for over a week and other moderators have already posted nearly identical messages (minus the thinly veiled threats). I am wondering what prompted your post. I haven’t really seen any ‘griping’, moaning. I haven’t seen one post that suggests that anyone has a ‘bellyache against’ the MTF Community Guidelines. Haven’t seen one post that would suggest anyone is offended. Well, in truth I found this post mildly offending but I’ll live.

I also find amusing your selection of an avatar and explanation referring to a ‘hanging judge’. How is anyone to logically assume your moderation will be fair and even handed?

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I'm not belly aching but I am rolling my eyes at the hanging judge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AbsintheAnecdote,

I have heard that the Hanging Judge has hanged men for less, back in the day...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DocBones View Post
    AbsintheAnecdote,

I have heard that the Hanging Judge has hanged men for less, back in the day...
    "Right on 'Doc'; forgetting to bring the 'Waragi' to their sentencing."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RC,

Looking good today! Did you just have your feathers done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RC,

Looking good today! Did you just have your feathers done?
    "Thank you; thank you very much 'Doc' for noticing, more then 'MOST' people do around here besides 'picking' my post apart down to the 2 spaces."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As they say, "What ya gonna do?", RC. Or was that "Fuggedabouddit..."?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Go with the flow 'Doc'; then make 'Chicken Soup'!!" (YUM! Va style, heck with the Yankee type)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Donnie Brasco? Is that you?