Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most embarrassing thing that happened to you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Most embarrassing thing that happened to you...

Wasn't me, but something I witnessed. I was back at Keesler for some training and we went up to the "observation deck" to witness a graduation (roughly 12 people in the formation). During the flight leader's speech (male 1LT) he made a euphemism to the effect of "This training was long and hard." Just as he said it, a brand new SrA burst out with "That's what she said!" and then turned beet red. Turned out that the flight pulled one over on him because they were all supposed to yell "That's what she said!" during the speech, but secretly they left him out to dry. He ended up getting an LOC, 1Lt got an LOC, and "That's what she said!" was officially banned from being said in the weather school house.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    the day I called a female 0-6 Sir several times believing she was a male.
    Was her voice somewhere between Sam Elliott and Barry White?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had surgery a couple of weeks ago...when I got out of surgery and was waking up apparently "I" wasn't the only thing waking up. The nurses and a female Captain from the ortho team were explaining the surgery to my wife and why my leg was wrapped etc. The ENTIRE time I was at the position of attention...when we were getting ready to leave and I was more coherent the lead Dr. walked in with the nurse and said, "Oh good at least I can talk to you without being pointed at."

FML

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    Wasn't me, but something I witnessed. I was back at Keesler for some training and we went up to the "observation deck" to witness a graduation (roughly 12 people in the formation). During the flight leader's speech (male 1LT) he made a euphemism to the effect of "This training was long and hard." Just as he said it, a brand new SrA burst out with "That's what she said!" and then turned beet red. Turned out that the flight pulled one over on him because they were all supposed to yell "That's what she said!" during the speech, but secretly they left him out to dry. He ended up getting an LOC, 1Lt got an LOC, and "That's what she said!" was officially banned from being said in the weather school house.
    Thanks for making me choke on my coffee. That was funny as shit.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFKILO7 View Post
    I had surgery a couple of weeks ago...when I got out of surgery and was waking up apparently "I" wasn't the only thing waking up. The nurses and a female Captain from the ortho team were explaining the surgery to my wife and why my leg was wrapped etc. The ENTIRE time I was at the position of attention...when we were getting ready to leave and I was more coherent the lead Dr. walked in with the nurse and said, "Oh good at least I can talk to you without being pointed at."

FML
    Rainmaker read about this in Penthouse letters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    the day I called a female 0-6 Sir several times believing she was a male.
    In her mind, she probably was a guy. It was like a compliment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Been so long ago that I don't recall any embarrassing moments that I committed, but one incident of a very embarrassed instructor pilot comes to mind frequently when I am in a group of former flying buddies.

In the seventies Charleston was a very busy C-141 base and along with many missions departing and arriving we shared the runways with a civilian airport. Along with all this activity we had several local training missions going all day long. I usually volunteered for the 06:00 takeoff so that my day was over at 10:00. We spent much of that time shooting crash and dashes then bouncing up to 3,000 feet. It got to be monotonous landing, taking off and bouncing up to 3,000 feet then starting the whole process over again, as we changed pilots to do it all over again.

On one touch and go the tower cleared us to 4,000 feet because of other traffic in the area. The Instructor pilot leveled off at 3,000 feet instead and I reminded him that tower said 4,000 feet because of traffic. The IP told me I was wrong and that he had heard 3,000 feet. I insisted that we were supposed to climb and maintain 4,000 feet and he got pissed at me and told me to shut up and we'd handle this on the ground after the flight was over.

By this time I was really cranked up and told him I didn't give a rat's ass what he was going to do if we survived a mid air but he better climb his ass to 4,000 feet or I would report him to the FAA, IG, Group Commander and anyone else who would listen. The pilot in the jump seat called the tower to verify altitude which was 4,000 feet. Power was immediately applied and we jumped up to 4,000 feet. Now, I've sat behind pilots for many years in the Air Force and I don't believe I ever saw a redder pair of ears than I did on that pilot after this incident. He never said a word to me after that flight until we were scheduled on another one a few months later.

During that second flight with him he had another bad moment and he eventually left the Air Force to go with the FAA in Atlanta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Annual mile and a half run, circa 1990. I just got off work at 0600, went to eat breakfast, and didn't realize we had to run that morning after I ate! I was only about 21 then, ran it in a little over 11 minutes, then puked my guts out afterwards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    Was her voice somewhere between Sam Elliott and Barry White?
    Actually...she was being briefed by my Squadron CC and myself so she wasn't doing any of the talking.....which may have been a small part of the problem.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Myself a SNCO and another SNCO who worked for me a the time were doing some Demo ops on the range. We had an observer with us by the name Colonel Mary Hertog and she was wearing blues. Me, my cohort, and Colonel Hertog were in the safe area, with Colonel Hertog standing in between us. The detonation shock wave hit us and my cohort turns to Colonel Hertog an states "I bet that blew your skirt up mam" in a nonchalant tone of voice. I immediately cringed awaiting our imminent #&@ chewing. The good Colonel never chewed us out on the spot or even later on, she politely thanked us for the demonstration and departed.