Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Single parents are now allowed to enlist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Single parents are now allowed to enlist?

Are you kidding me? Single parent issues were one of my biggest headaches as a SNCO. It got to the point where I was secretly putting my single parents in work situations with other eligible single Airmen in hopes they would hit it off. I was kind of matchmaking but I never got very good at it. What I did find that worked best was to schedule my single parent problem child on a deployment. The ass pain to get them there was rewarded by them either finding a spouse while they were deployed or realizing that terminating their enlistment was a better option..
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Single parents are now allowed to enlist?

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    What I did find that worked best was to schedule my single parent problem child on a deployment. The ass pain to get them there was rewarded by them either finding a spouse while they were deployed or realizing that terminating their enlistment was a better option..
    BRILLIANT. Why didn't I think of that. LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can't say I've ever gone that far, but single parents are a pain to manage, I agree.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Never had to worry about that. I've only had one female under me during my whole 11 years, and she was a butch lesbian.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I've only had one female under me during my whole 11 years, and she was a butch lesbian.
    Entirely too many directions this could be taken.

I concur, single parents are a pain (lame attempt to stay on topic).

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

You just gave me an idea that I should hook up with an active duty single mom.

I could be a pretty good male depend-a-potamus except for the getting fat part. I don't want to get fat but I could make sure her kid gets to school on time then go play golf all day.

I wouldn't want to drive a minivan or walk around the commissary with a shopping cart full of hamburger helper either.

Do you think they make exceptions for that kind of thing? Maybe I can get a waiver from AFMPC that says I don't have to eat hamburger helper and get fat?

Hmmm, I really miss the golf course at Misawa this just might be my ticket back there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    Are you kidding me? Single parent issues were one of my biggest headaches as a SNCO. It got to the point where I was secretly putting my single parents in work situations with other eligible single Airmen in hopes they would hit it off. I was kind of matchmaking but I never got very good at it. What I did find that worked best was to schedule my single parent problem child on a deployment. The ass pain to get them there was rewarded by them either finding a spouse while they were deployed or realizing that terminating their enlistment was a better option..
    That's pretty good.

I find it odd that in the middle of cuts across the services, the AF is opening up to a new group of people, and a new group of problems.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    You just gave me an idea that I should hook up with an active duty single mom.

I could be a pretty good male depend-a-potamus except for the getting fat part. I don't want to get fat but I could make sure her kid gets to school on time then go play golf all day.

I wouldn't want to drive a minivan or walk around the commissary with a shopping cart full of hamburger helper either.

Do you think they make exceptions for that kind of thing? Maybe I can get a waiver from AFMPC that says I don't have to eat hamburger helper and get fat?

Hmmm, I really miss the golf course at Misawa this just might be my ticket back there.
    But then you'd have to deal with the fact that your wife would, more likely than not, be getting stuffed by every dude in her shop. Which would be fine, if you only see her as a meal ticket; and you're banging other chicks on the side yourself.

Either way, having a wife like that isn't good for your reputation.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    But then you'd have to deal with the fact that your wife would, more likely than not, be getting stuffed by every dude in her shop. Which would be fine, if you only see her as a meal ticket; and you're banging other chicks on the side yourself.

Either way, having a wife like that isn't good for your reputation.
    "Anything for the both of you would be an 'improvement'!":fest30::slap::Flush:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny...While we're trying to get rid of folks they expand ability to come in...
    “To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.” - Unknown