Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Haircuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Haircuts

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    I don't have a problem with leaders breaking away for a haircut. At least in mx, SNCOs and Officers manage their own time while on duty, whereas the Airmen have their time managed for them. Airmen have shift change to look forward to, whereas I went home after my work was caught up, most times 11-13 hours after I started.

Airmen can look forward to the pros/cons of RHIP as a SNCO (or officer), but in the mean time should keep being good Airmen. I know, I'm just a meany and life isn't fair.
    So you don't believe in being the example for Airmen to follow. Cool got it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I never had a problem with people getting a haircut on duty time provided they weren't just using it to goof off. I encouraged my troops to use their lunch hour to get a haircut and if they were a little late coming back it was not problem provided they had a haircut. Giving them the opportunity to be within regs meant I didn't have to deal with a haircut problem later and problems I didn't have to deal with meant I could do my work.

Not every work section in the AF can afford to allow their airmen to get a haircut during duty hours but for those that can, I don't see a problem. It's up to the supervisors to make it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I only let my favorites get a haircut during duty hours. The rest can wait until after duty hours.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How about trips to the bank, pharmacy, shoppette, daycare, BX, and all the other places like that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Most of the time being deployed we always had a guy with shears and it always being God awful hot we all usually got the old take it all off, lot easier to take care of and always between sorties or down days. Lot easier to keep clean also and put sun block on too. Then looking to the other extreme spec ops guys deployed I worked with looking like the Duck Dynasty guys.
    I'm not the regular Crew Chief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If there were slack time periods during duty hours I had no objection to allowing one to go get a hair cut or anything else for that matter. I had no problems in this area either seeing as how I have worn my hair in the form of a buzz since I've been five years old. I'd tell my folks I'll pay for you to get a hair cut but you use my barber and you get my style of cut. Never did have anyone take me up on it.

Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a boss that always said "It grows on military time, I'll get it cut on military time." Let me do the same. No problems with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been fortunate in my career. When I was working on flight (cop speak for security or law enforcement) I got a haircut once a week. Usually before the beginning of a new rotation. When I worked at HQ Airnorth I got a haircut every Saturday or Sunday depending on my work schedule. I've never gotten a haircut during my duty day, and I don't shit kittens when other people do.

I was at a get together with NCO's from various AFSC's and we began talking about the differences of our jobs. I told them the motto of the AF should change to: Air Force, personal experiences may vary. We each have different jobs within the overall mission. I don't have the time or inclination to worry about what you do.

I didn't always think this way, I guess I just grew up and realized that as long as I am fair and take care of my people that is all that matters. Nowadays I don't have to worry about haircuts...I'm bald.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Venus View Post
    Most of the time being deployed we always had a guy with shears and it always being God awful hot we all usually got the old take it all off, lot easier to take care of and always between sorties or down days. Lot easier to keep clean also and put sun block on too. Then looking to the other extreme spec ops guys deployed I worked with looking like the Duck Dynasty guys.
    You are lucky then. Because last time I deployed to Iraq as a Marine we had 1stSgt/E-8 who would literally scream at us about haircuts out at our little FOB in BFE. Then when we got haircut by one guy in our platoon he would harp on that saying "it looks like someone put a bowl on your head and cut it your hair." Gosh I hated that guy so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    You are lucky then. Because last time I deployed to Iraq as a Marine we had 1stSgt/E-8 who would literally scream at us about haircuts out at our little FOB in BFE. Then when we got haircut by one guy in our platoon he would harp on that saying "it looks like someone put a bowl on your head and cut it your hair." Gosh I hated that guy so much.
    I had a douche gunny like that, fucker never went outside the wire but sure enough when you came in that dickweed was on haircut patrol.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.