Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Doc" Foglesong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: "Doc" Foglesong

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    Time heals all wounds. I think history will vindicate Gen Folgelsong and he will enjoy a legacy comparable to that of other great AF Generals such as Curtis Lemay and Wilbur Creech.

I also found it very refreshing to walk through the woods of Ramstein AB without the noise of rustling dead leaves beneath my feet.
    Not even a nibble Bru. The fishing hole ain't what it used to be!
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Going around the entire base at Lajes before old "Doc" arrived to make sure that every building on base had their window blinds either all the way up, all the way down, or all even if midway up. I shit you not.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Not even a nibble Bru. The fishing hole ain't what it used to be!
    It has something to do with his retirement; his fishing skills just aren't what they used to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lulz, his facebook page only has 12 likes. It's been up since 2011.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When VCSAF, at Kirtland for AFOTEC Change of Command. Flew into Albuquerque Apt. Once reaching KAFB, had the driver stop and pick up trash. Before going to the ceremony stopped at the Wing HQ to present a bag of trash to Wing/CC.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Springtime he passes through SD on his way to his Montana cabin. He visits the commissary/bx to stock up. Base goes on red alert for his visit; cleaning, mowing, making sure commissary/bx is ready, triple checking DV suite. MSG/CC, FSS/CC, SFS/CC, CE/CC, etc. all standing by to assist. I so wanted to be at the Commissary that Sunday (along with Mrs_KO) to block the aisles..but alas I had much better things to do.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_KO View Post
    Springtime he passes through SD on his way to his Montana cabin. He visits the commissary/bx to stock up. Base goes on red alert for his visit; cleaning, mowing, making sure commissary/bx is ready, triple checking DV suite. MSG/CC, FSS/CC, SFS/CC, CE/CC, etc. all standing by to assist. I so wanted to be at the Commissary that Sunday (along with Mrs_KO) to block the aisles..but alas I had much better things to do.
    Dear lord will the madness ever end with this guy?

I suppose it's a small price to pay to have him not making stupid waves but geesh. We have a ton of retirees come here, all ranks, and I have never heard of any one of them getting this kind of treatment. Has anyone else?

I've heard Chuck Yeager is a jerk but I don't think even he's this bad.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I spent a long time in USAFE...

I was no fan of Chief Gary Coleman EITHER...

BUT...

Doc came to Aviano one one particular visit and brought a band with him to the All-call. He had the band play a cover of Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger while he and Chief Coleman sang...

Like I said - I was no fan of Coleman BUT I felt sorry for the guy. It was VERY apparent that he wanted ZERO parts of the singing duet. It was painful to watch and painful to be a part of.

-BB-
    Don't thank me... Thank my recruiter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With Joe Bonham being gone, don't you think someone should contact Foglesong through Facebook, and ask him to come into the MTFs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen bad commanders come and go at all levels. The ones that were hated but accomplished the mission were at least tolerable because the job got done. The truly awful ones were the busy body, micro-managers who were totally concerned about additional duties, base beautification and other things unrelated to the primary mission. I've read all these stories about the guy and even heard a few from coworkers but I never personally had to deal with him. My question is this:

What, if anything, did Foglesong actually do that helped the air force mission?
    For the record I am not: AF Communicator, Comm Guy, Comm Chief, CommGuy, CommGuy 72, COMMGUY8, Comm_Guy, Comm_O or satcomman.

I doubt anyone else cares but it was bothering me. Is there an OCD emoticon?