Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

Wannabe street thug kid vs. Dummy Neighborhood watch cop. Do more research on this people. The media will only share what they want you to hear. The kid was as big as a College Defensive Back. What do you think was gonna happen? Someone was getting hurt one way or another. If it was Zimmerman that was shot and killed, would you be thinking it was self defense for the kid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    The kid? You mean trayvon, 5'11 158pnds

Yup. Kid, as they say.... lol

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    Defensive backs are skinny? Just asking cuz my son is around that weight but 6'3.
    I really don't think we should stereotype defensive backs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First off, 17 is a kid only by a legal standpoint of voting, alcohol, and nicotine. You have 12 and 14 yr olds being tried as adults for crimes as well as being imancipated (sp?) to take care of themselves and get out of broken homes. Kid wanted to be an adult and tussel instead of politely asking why fat man was following him or just going home to get dad...kid got what he deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The world we live in today is one in which 24/7 of the media is foused on a black guy being killed by a white guy. Had it been the other way around, or perhaps they were both white, or both black, noone would be talking about this. In my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    OK, so I know this is 10 pages back (or something) but I was catching up after work. I find this attitude curious because the "payoff" of being civil and avoiding violence is peace. Something that I think is very worth striving for, and comes with more than a little risk at times. One needn't handle risk with an aggressive "fuck you" attitude in order to have a payoff.

Without casting aspersions, I probably would have offered TM a ride, rather than call the cops and follow him in the dark. I guess that's why I've not felt it necessary to carry a gun or had to deal with the cops or go to court.
    Wise words. I'd consider (illegal) assault to be a last-ditch effort in this case. TM could have chosen at least two other COAs and would still be alive today. Risking the loss of your life for the possible payoff of beating a fat guy that screams like a girl is not the best move here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why I was 17 I was 6'1" 220. Yet apparently some folks viewed me as a "kid" at that age. If I was throwing down hay makers I dont think they would've thought I was a kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    It's not about whether or not you have anything to hide. It's about someone trying to exercise authority over you that they legally have no right to exercise.
    We get it...someone asks you how your day is going, you are going to attack them. We GET it.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Why I was 17 I was 6'1" 220. Yet apparently some folks viewed me as a "kid" at that age. If I was throwing down hay makers I dont think they would've thought I was a kid.
    Trayvon was not 6'1 or 220, he was a tiny child, i've seen the pictures. At most he was 5'3 maybe 90lbs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker76 View Post
    Trayvon was not 6'1 or 220, he was a tiny child, i've seen the pictures. At most he was 5'3 maybe 90lbs
    Assuming you aren't poking fun at the continued use of dated photos of Martin he was 5'11", 158 lbs.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself