Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

Quote Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
    I have an issue with the POTUS singling this case out. I think he should worry more about the violence that occurs every single day across the country, from gangbangers killing innocent bystanders, muggings, rapes, drug trade etc... Why don't we hear about that. What kind of message does it send when he is basically indicting Zimmerman himself, fuck the jury and the system, not good enough because the result was not what he wanted; too bad we don't have a dictatorship. How do you think this case would have ended then?
    I agree, nicely put.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so I'm supposed to honor someone who wrote stuff like this. Roger that. I grieve for Trayvon's parents, I truly do. But as someone who's been both the perpetrator and victim of violence growing up, I'd rather honor the youth who can acknowledge their "limits."

Beer is proof that God loves us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Squid View Post
    Ok, so I'm supposed to honor someone who wrote stuff like this. Roger that. I grieve for Trayvon's parents, I truly do. But as someone who's been both the perpetrator and victim of violence growing up, I'd rather honor the youth who can acknowledge their "limits."

Except for the first one, I have not a clue as to wtf he was saying. I'm pretty sure I speak and comprehend English, wtf was that?
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have an issue with the POTUS singling this case out. I think he should worry more about the violence that occurs every single day across the country, from gangbangers killing innocent bystanders, muggings, rapes, drug trade etc... Why don't we hear about that. What kind of message does it send when he is basically indicting Zimmerman himself, fuck the jury and the system, not good enough because the result was not what he wanted; too bad we don't have a dictatorship. How do you think this case would have ended then?
    The president could not possibly comment on every case of violence in the country. However, I think it is the role of the President to comment on cases which have larger impacts on the country, of which this is one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Except for the first one, I have not a clue as to wtf he was saying. I'm pretty sure I speak and comprehend English, wtf was that?
    I haven't the foggiest clue. The jargon of each new generation mutates so damn fast like influenza that there's hardly any instances of keeping up by anyone past puberty, and even I'm alarmed to say that as a Generation X'er.
    Beer is proof that God loves us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    The president could not possibly comment on every case of violence in the country. However, I think it is the role of the President to comment on cases which have larger impacts on the country, of which this is one.
    Agreed, but the media made this case have an impact, not the case itself.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed, but the media made this case have an impact, not the case itself.
    Yes, I suppose that's true. But there have been other cases that got media attention, that he didn't comment on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The point is, Trayvon was a helpless little kid and Mr. Martin was a full grown adult. There was no need for a full grown man to shoot a little kid in order to defend himself.

Seriously, look at that little guy, can't believe anyone buys the story about him beating up a grown man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justic...nn-disqus-area

"Trayvon Martin will forever remain in the annals of history next to Medgar Evers and Emmett Till as symbols for the fight for equal justice for all," (Martin family attorney Benjamin) Crump said."

WTF? Seriously? Let me see - a 14 year old teenager who was viciously beaten to death, shot through the head and dumped in a river for flirting with a white woman and key member of the NAACP who was assassinated have NOTHING in common with this case. It is an insult to both to be compared to Trayvon Martin.

By that criteria I'm the same as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justic...nn-disqus-area

"Trayvon Martin will forever remain in the annals of history next to Medgar Evers and Emmett Till as symbols for the fight for equal justice for all," (Martin family attorney Benjamin) Crump said."

WTF? Seriously? Let me see - a 14 year old teenager who was viciously beaten to death, shot through the head and dumped in a river for flirting with a white woman and key member of the NAACP who was assassinated have NOTHING in common with this case. It is an insult to both to be compared to Trayvon Martin.

By that criteria I'm the same as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.
    "Sgt Medgar Evers, USA, '43-'45, Normandy invasion, etc. Honorable Discharge; BURIED AT ARLINGTON National Cemetery June 19th,'63. USNS ship named after him. Do not think TM rates that cemetery."