Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 310

Thread: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post

    BTW, I don't think GZ's life is ruined, TM's is. GZ has plenty of supporters out there and he'll be just fine...hell, he could probably get elected to congress.
    He will probably get a gig as a Fox News talking head.

  2. #202
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    He doesn't deserve an answer. However, if an answer helps avoid further confrontation, then I'm going to give it a shot. And I definitely wouldn't escalate by getting aggressive (verbally or physically). I realize you may not be able to understand the logic behind this, but it's the truth. And it works. I've avoided several confrontations over the past 20 years by simply going along with things. Call it submissive, call me a pussy, whatever. But I've never been in a fight and I've lost no self respect by doing so.
    ...and the reason you retired, having never become an SNCO, is apparent. You're a coward who always chooses the path of least resistance.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    I wasn't aware that the Obama administration had a gender....
    I think you are a bit lost.

  4. #204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    2,285
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Is there anything illegal GZ did before TM jumped him? Anything at all? If so, then it's a different story. However, though his actions may have been stupid, they were not illegal.
    As i've posted the definition of manslaughter several times, I won't do it again.

    Stupid=negligent

    What if there wasn't a gun? What if TM jumped him, he defended himself, punched TM in the face, TM fell, hit his head and died? Is he still negligent in your mind?
    Quite possibly, yes, and this type of case is very common actually. Although I think the standard is changed somewhat when a person is armed vs. unarmed.

  5. #205
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    ...and the reason you retired, having never become an SNCO, is apparent. You're a coward who always chooses the path of least resistance.
    Right, making choices to avoid a fight is cowardly. Gotcha.

  6. #206
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    As i've posted the definition of manslaughter several times, I won't do it again.

    Stupid=negligent



    Quite possibly, yes, and this type of case is very common actually. Although I think the standard is changed somewhat when a person is armed vs. unarmed.
    Right. So the soccer ref who stupidly called a penalty on a player who he knew was volatile who got punched in the head and died from it was negligent. He should have known better than to cause the confrontation. And armed vs. unarmed, when legally carrying the firearm, is no different. It could have been a knife, a cane, a taser, a fist, a steel toe boot, whatever. Makes no difference. The facts are this. TM attacked GZ. GZ defended himself, legally. Anything else is irrelevant.

  7. #207
    Senior Member grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    4th Dimension
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    Stand your ground, just means you meet force with force with no duty to attempt retreat.

    Zimmerman couldn't retreat if he wanted to while having his head bashed in; therefore, he had no duty to attempt retreat and is justified under 'normal' self-defense laws.

    This guy probably could have retreated at some point but apparently believed there was a gun being drawn on him. Had this been the case or he thought it was case, he would have had no duty to attempt retreat because there is an imminent threat to life.

    Personally, I wouldn't have provoked them by asking them to turn down thier music, but there was nothing illegal in doing so. People (white or black) running around with loud music are already showing a blatant disregard to others...this just shows they have poor attitude and the outcome will not be good by asking them to turn down their music.

    I say all this to rebut the claims out there on both cases; stand your ground doesn't appear applicable in either case.

    Police have misidentified objects for a gun before; a quick bing search for 'police shoot person they thought had gun' returns several results. I cannot find what happened to the police though...just that they are placed on leave and the standard investigation will happen.

    Just reading the article though, it sounds like he has no case; but the article doesn't have all the facts/evidence. Shooting multiple times at multiple people? If there was only one person "drawing a gun" then you only shoot at that person. First degree murder might be over-charging though; it appears Jacksonville is trying to prevent the craziness that happened in Sanford.

    It will be interesting to see the evidence play out and if there is evidence for first-degree.

    Martin would be the perfect example of a person who should had the 'duty to retreat' because he had no immediate threat to life.
    The funniest part is that "Stand Your Ground" was not even part of Zimmerman's defense, but out racist AG who's only worried about "his people" and the other race baiters, keep bring it up for some reason. They are either completely clueless or up to something.

  8. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Right. So the soccer ref who stupidly called a penalty on a player who he knew was volatile who got punched in the head and died from it was negligent. He should have known better than to cause the confrontation. And armed vs. unarmed, when legally carrying the firearm, is no different. It could have been a knife, a cane, a taser, a fist, a steel toe boot, whatever. Makes no difference. The facts are this. TM attacked GZ. GZ defended himself, legally. Anything else is irrelevant.
    I dont disagree with the TM attack GZ an GZ shot him. Is how he handle the situation that ended up with him having to shoot TM.

  9. #209
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Right, making choices to avoid a fight is cowardly. Gotcha.
    Sandsjames, there's more to it than that. This isn't just you when it comes to physical fights. This is how you cope with life in general.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  10. #210
    Senior Member grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    4th Dimension
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Our Commander in Chief has spoken...we should all honor Trayvon Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    No strawman, just giving another reason of the many that can be mentioned in regards to why people could feel sorry for what happened to TM.
    Who said they don't feel sorry that it happened?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •