Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: "Best" LOC/LOR You Ever Received

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: "Best" LOC/LOR You Ever Received

I got an LOC from my NCOIC for coming back late from lunch. I was like 15 minutes late, and it was because there was a wreck on the interstate. I called to let the shop know what was going on. The bad thing is I was at work more than he was, came in early and stayed late to make sure things were finished. It just happened to be one of the days that he was at work and the CC came by to get an update on a task he had given him because my NCOIC volunteered for it, and then quickly passed it off to me to accomplish, so he had no idea what was going on and had nothing to give him. So he gave me my paperwork because I made him look like an idiot in front of the CC more or less. After talking to the shirt, Chief, and the CC that LOC was quickly thrown away but another one was issued…and it had my NCOIC’s name on it.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I never got a LOC or LOR in 23 years but I probably deserved a whole stack of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rainy morning and my dog didn't want to poop. Obviously didn't want to risk her pooping in the house so I waited it out. Called into work 0520 that I was leaving my house now and might be a couple of minutes late. Walked in the door at 0532 (duty time was 0530). New crew boss (SF cross trainee) wrote me up an LOC for being late. After a laugh and "Are you serious?" I signed it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    Peace leads to strength. Strength leads to war. War leads to weakness. Weakness leads to peace.

A lighthouse saves more souls than any church. -Thomas Jefferson

Kill one, it is a tragedy, kill a million, it is a statistic. - Iosef Stalin

"Better the pride that resides In a citizen of the world Than the pride that divides When a colorful rag is unfurled" - Neil Peart