Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Best" LOC/LOR You Ever Received

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: "Best" LOC/LOR You Ever Received

Didn't get an LOC for this but back in the day, my roomie and I would drink Old Milwaukee in the bottles. The bottles were recyclable so we'd stack the cases of empties in our room and when we hit a broke stretch in between paydays (2nd-14th, 16th-30th) we could take the empties to the class 6 and get a brand new case of full ones. Shirt didn't like that so we got yelled at. I did get an LOC for smoking in a GOV. Only paperwork I've ever rx'd in my career except for an LOC for something good. PA setup or something. I think the boss just wanted to be fancy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raustin0017 View Post
    Was at Elmendorf. Took leave from Sat to the following Friday for a fly out brown bear hunting trip just north of Kodak Island. Day 2 a huge storm hit. 75+ mph winds...lasted 3-days. High winds and low cloud cover prevented the float-plane picking us up Friday morning. Planned on 6-days trip. Day 12...plane was finally able to pick us up. Low on food, and unable to start fire for last 3-days...we were very happy to be rescued. Our spouses had kept Sq leadership informed of situation.

Walked in to Sq first day back....everyone happy we were okay. TSgt supervisor called us both in his office and wanted us to sign LOC? Asked what for? He told us we should have taken 2-3 weeks leave for the trip. We took 7-days leave for a 6-day trip. He demanded we sign LOC....told him to go screw himself...was not going to sign it and left his office laughing. 30 minutes later called in Shirts office. He had a LOR for disrespect to an NCO. Crap...did not think this all the way through. Signed LOR. Won the battle...lost the war. Was it worth it? Yes...shot 9' Brown Bear.
    Good story. I got my ass chewed by the Chief once for a canoe trip that I took with a few guys. Huge storm a couple days prior, river was high and fast. We lost all 12 paddles and one of our 4 canoes. Had no business going, but like I told the Chief, If I knew then, what I know now, you wouldn't be yelling at me right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't tell my stories...if people here know me they know them. Regardless, I have two really good ones, over the top, and all from pieces of complete shit that have or had no business being around people much less the US Air Force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drackore View Post
    I do know of one where some piece of crap MSgt got one for saying "Allah damn it".

:P
    I think I heard about that somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do know of one where some piece of crap MSgt got one for saying "Allah damn it".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drackore View Post

I think I heard about that somewhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

First one.... I was a SrA on midshift. I had to sign off a daily inspection. I wrote Jan 2, 2000 instead of 2001. The very next day the supervisor who wrote the LOC fo lack of attention to detail...signed off the same form...Jan 3 2000. I took the form to him to show him and hopefully get my LOC pulled. No dice. Until our NCOIC wrote him an LOR since as a TSgt he shouldn't be making the same mistake a SrA made.

Second one... I have been going gray since I was 18. I color my hair pretty close to the natural color. In the summer it often lightens up quite a bit. There was an area on top of my head where the hair had grown out a little but wasn't super noticeable. However, apparently it was faddish... What made it worse...I had an appointment to get it done the very next day and even showed the appointment card to the guy. It was when i was cross training and I was a SSgt.

Stupidest one I have seen written... We had a SrA in our shop. He was super late to work one day. He got an LOC for it. However, his supervisor never asked why he was late. In his rebuttal he stated that he had been a witness to a serious car accident and had stopped to render aid. He had left his cell phone at home and as he was holding pressure on a serious injury didn't think he should stop to track down a phone to call in. The next day he was in the paper on the front page. The kicker...the SSgt who wrote the LOC had been late more than half of the month.

Another stupid one I saw...An airman in my shop didn't finish a job she was assigned on time....the reason...she came down with a severe case of food poisoning and had to be hospitalized. I put that LOC through the shredder and had a long talk with the SSgt that wrote it about common sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Another one...that shouldn't have been an LOC but possibly Art 15 or CM. A SrA was married to another military member. He got drunk and mad and broke her nose, cracked her cheek bone, and busted her eyebrow open. About three months later...guy who write the LOC was arrested for DV. Hmmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DWWSWWD View Post
    Didn't get an LOC for this but back in the day, my roomie and I would drink Old Milwaukee in the bottles. .
    I would have given you an LOR for drinking shit beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got one for leaving a tool box unlocked in the maintenance bay once. QA found the unsecured tool box, but said he wouldn't write it up if the NCOIC "did something about it". NCOIC wrote us LOCs, had us sign, showed to QA. QA left the building, LOCs went in the shredder. :smile: