Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When does our status change?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Re: When does our status change?

Well, I don't want to fuel a post war, but here are the breakdowns.

Recruit 0
    FNG 30
    Platoon Daddy 100
    Commander 250
    One Star 500
    Two Star 650
    Three Star 800
    Top Brass 1000

I think this could be improved. Any recommendations? We toyed with the idea of a "Revered" or similar title, that could only be bestowed upon you by an Admin/Mod, and would not relate to post count.

Thoughts?
    - ForumAdmin

Administrator
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Also, @CYBERFX1024 and @Class5Kayaker, the post count will go down when a thread is deleted which contained posts by you. We cleared out many threads for various reasons over the last few months, and unfortunately, many members took a big hit to post-count.
    - ForumAdmin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post

Recruit 0
    FNG 30
    Platoon Daddy 100
    Commander 250
    One Star 500
    Two Star 650
    Three Star 800
    Top Brass 1000

I think this could be improved. Any recommendations? We toyed with the idea of a "Revered" or similar title, that could only be bestowed upon you by an Admin/Mod, and would not relate to post count.

Thoughts?
    I would replace "Top Brass" with something else. It's too generic in my opinion. Why not Four Star? Chief of Staff and / CINC would be good too.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Recruit 0
    FNG 30
    Platoon Daddy 100
    Commander 250
    One Star 500
    Two Star 650
    Three Star 800
    Top Brass 1000

Thoughts?
    Without some sort of quatitative requirement to achieve/earn that; vice a subjective opinion it depends on whether or not the Mods like the prospective individual. And if left to us could fail like the Rep Wars did. The "Likes," "Dislikes" and "Thanks" might be a more qualitative indicator. Can you add a "Funny" category? IE right now I can "Like" a post if it's funny or if it's well thought out (even if I disagree with the premise). But if we had the extra category that could eventual level out and tell us "that dude is a goof ball and everything he says could be meant as a sarcasm/humor."
    Rear Admiral Yancy Graham: You watch yourself, Dodge. You are addressing a superior officer!
    Lt. Comd. Dodge: No, merely a higher ranking one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldgrndr@ View Post
    Without some sort of quatitative requirement to achieve/earn that; vice a subjective opinion it depends on whether or not the Mods like the prospective individual. And if left to us could fail like the Rep Wars did. The "Likes," "Dislikes" and "Thanks" might be a more qualitative indicator. Can you add a "Funny" category? IE right now I can "Like" a post if it's funny or if it's well thought out (even if I disagree with the premise). But if we had the extra category that could eventual level out and tell us "that dude is a goof ball and everything he says could be meant as a sarcasm/humor."
    "Okay; I'll tone it down a feather or two then."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, thank you. I was wondering why my thread count looked alittle low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Recruit 0
    FNG 30
    Platoon Daddy 100
    Commander 250
    One Star 500
    Two Star 650
    Three Star 800
    Top Brass 1000

Thoughts?
    I think any change should be driven by the reasoning behind the "ranking system." As it stands, it only reflects # of posts, which a very active member can run up quickly.

If the point is to show how long an individual has been around, you could use join date. 0-30 days, new guy...1-6 months....1 year....etc.

Would we want it to reflect standing within the forum community? (I have no idea how you would implement this idea)

Personally, I would rather see it by join date than post count. If possible, could you replace the rank with the join date, and eliminate the "rank" altogether?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    Personally, I would rather see it by join date than post count. If possible, could you replace the rank with the join date, and eliminate the "rank" altogether?
    I like the join date. Good idea!
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke