Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheist vs Christian Debate

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Re: Atheist vs Christian Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    It has to come from somewhere...and when it's gone, it has to go somewhere... :-)
    What is this "it" that we're talking about again? In the end, I'm not a biologist. Cornering ME in a debate really won't do anything for your cause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Are you trying to play a semantics game, or are you stupid? Or both?
    It is a legitimate question to witch Rusty Jones has provided the answer for all of us to see. Now who is the stupid one? It was not I who made the statement about denominations not believing in ghosts.

I don't know of a single Christian denomination that believes in "ghosts."
    Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    It has to come from somewhere...and when it's gone, it has to go somewhere... :-)
    What makes you think the chemical energy in our bodies has anything to do with a ghost or a soul?

When a Duracell battery stops producing electricity do you suspect an invisible version of the battery sprouts invisible wings and flies off to heaven? Of course you don't.

The chemical energy in your body is converted into heat energy and it radiates out from your body and dissipates into the surrounding environment the whole time you are alive.

While the statement is true that the energy isn't destroyed, it is just converted from one form, chemical, into another, heat.

When you die and this process stops, what energy is left in your body in the form of unused molecules becomes stored energy because the cells in your body are no longer creating chemical reactions. The process of decomposition will begin to break down what is left of your body turning some of it into heat energy and the rest of the molecules bind to form new compounds (think fertilizer).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by E4RUMOR View Post
    http://youtu.be/HlriRAGurKE

So I thought this was probably one of the most compelling debates about the existence of God I have seen in a while.

If you actually have the time, watch it....
    Wow...thanks for sharing!!

First comment... An atheist and a christian having a well mannered debate?!! Very refreshing...

Second... I have to give big thumbs ups to Dinesh D' Souza because all his arguements were right on point in regards to how we can integrate intelligent design to our understanding of the world.

Third, really akward to see as a progressive christian, two conservatives argue Christianity and Atheism.

My big take...Dinesh clearly made the better points in this particular debate. The case that he made about why religion particularly christianity can present serious arguements to many of our existential questions was right on point. I saw Michael as simply overmatch in this debate specially when he brought out mormonism to make his case about "religion is nonsense" which is really the cheap shot arguement many atheist fall back to when they feel outmatched in an arguement.

Finally, the point Michael was trying to make about Atheism just been an idea and nothing else is clearly BS and I was glad to see Dinesh call him out on it because atheists for the last two decades are trying to imprint their "non belief" to many areas of our lives, Dinesh rebuttal to that arguement was great!.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobotChicken View Post
    "So why are 'Atheist' so negative???"
    Constanly being harrased by intolrant fools tend to casue that realtion?

See: the Air force endorsement of religous bigotry as a great and current exmple

Or ask an aiethist how many times he has been told he can't "really be an aithiest', ort try to have atheist put on your dog tags

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post

See: the Air force endorsement of religous bigotry as a great and current exmple

Or ask an aiethist how many times he has been told he can't "really be an aithiest', ort try to have atheist put on your dog tags
    Nice...drudge up a 1 year old thread just to take a shot at religion. You're a special one.

I'm quickly coming to the conclussion that you are a former user on this site that is here to troll...
    Last edited by sandsjames; 09-17-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post

Not to make you feel bad, but you've responded to a guy that passed away from Cancer last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was raised Catholic and this video that was sent to me some months ago made me do some research and I was stunned by some of the relevations. I never knew so many deities had a birth of December 25th and how it relates to the constellations. I would start at the 5 minute mark if you decide to see this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VRnXPDuXs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefAD View Post
    I was raised Catholic and this video that was sent to me some months ago made me do some research and I was stunned by some of the relevations. I never knew so many deities had a birth of December 25th and how it relates to the constellations. I would start at the 5 minute mark if you decide to see this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VRnXPDuXs
    The first part has a voice over of George Carlin's skit on religion and I must say, he had me hysterical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE <--That is the whole video.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Question I've been pondering: if Satan is punishing the unsaved, isn't a he a good guy?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males