Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Unemployment a Civil Right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Extended Unemployment a Civil Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    In other words, he found a job. Something that it takes some longer to do than others, regardless of the amount of effort that is put into it. So your brother's number came up. He's not special. He was simply an unemployed man whose time has come; while the rest fight for theirs.
    Nope, He was home for less than a week from a job that just finished in New Orleans. Contacted his network of Brick Masons and he was off to Fort Bragg. He would preferr to be working in his home state but he does what he has to.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Never mind upon further review the ruling on the field is over turned. He didnt say racist. he said fascist.

My bad.
    No worries.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    I am assuming you "missed" this part?

"Republicans, who control North Carolina's governorship and both chambers of the legislature for the first time in more than a century, say they have a mandate to restore financial stability to a state that nearly went bankrupt under Democrat leadership."

I know you think that everything is solved by raising taxes but the fact of the matter is that the states (unlike the Fed) are required to balance their budgets every year and when you have to eliminate $11.1 BILLION, there are VERY few options other than cutting the programs that cost the most to the bone..... Why you would think that is Facist? That I don't know.
    They're cutting taxes for the rich and raising taxes for the poor... and also slashing services for the poor. This is class warfare, pure and simple.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TSgt"M" View Post
    Nope, He was home for less than a week from a job that just finished in New Orleans. Contacted his network of Brick Masons and he was off to Fort Bragg. He would preferr to be working in his home state but he does what he has to.
    In other words... he found a job. Something that it takes some longer to do than others, regardless of the amount of effort that is put into it. So your brother's number came up. He's not special. He was simply an unemployed man whose time has come; while the rest fight for theirs.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    What....?

Never mind upon further review the ruling on the field is over turned. He didnt say racist. he said fascist.

My bad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 20+Years View Post
    I don't believe the governement should have to take care of anyone. People should take care of themselves and thier family. Everybody wants something for nothing.
    Ah yes survival of the fittest... exactly what Jesus wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    In other words... he found a job. Something that it takes some longer to do than others, regardless of the amount of effort that is put into it. So your brother's number came up. He's not special. He was simply an unemployed man whose time has come; while the rest fight for theirs.
    I think this guy is special. He could be home collecting unemployment, but he chooses to work. He didn't wait for his time to come up. He made it happen. Some sit and wait for a job to drop in their lap, others make it happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the article:

Wow, so the NC Republicans aren't even trying to conceal it anymore... they're openly Fascist pricks now.

"Republicans, who control North Carolina's governorship and both chambers of the legislature for the first time in more than a century, say they have a mandate to restore financial stability to a state that nearly went bankrupt under Democrat leadership."

I know you think that everything is solved by raising taxes but the fact of the matter is that the states (unlike the Fed) are required to balance their budgets every year and when you have to eliminate $11.1 BILLION, there are VERY few options other than cutting the programs that cost the most to the bone..... Why you would think that is Facist? That I don't know.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post

They're cutting taxes for the rich and raising taxes for the poor... and also slashing services for the poor. And also, on top of all that, attempting naked voter surppression. This is class warfare, pure and simple.

You're so eager to defend the Christian Taliban at every opportunity, no matter what. Explain to me how the fuck ending early voting is going to reduce the deficit. How the fuck is cutting taxes on the rich and raising taxes on the poor going to fix the deficit? How the fuck is cutting education going to reduce the deficit? In the long run, wouldn't all these things actually RAISE the deficit? Obviously yes, but you don't care, you're just in to defend the "right" party, no matter what crimes against humanity they commit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They're cutting taxes for the rich and raising taxes for the poor... and also slashing services for the poor. And also, on top of all that, attempting naked voter surppression. This is class warfare, pure and simple.

You're so eager to defend the Christian Taliban at every opportunity, no matter what. Explain to me how the fuck ending early voting is going to reduce the deficit. How the fuck is cutting taxes on the rich and raising taxes on the poor going to fix the deficit? How the fuck is cutting education going to reduce the deficit? In the long run, wouldn't all these things actually RAISE the deficit? Obviously yes, but you don't care, you're just in to defend the "right" party, no matter what crimes against humanity they commit.
    Apparently reading isn't your strong suit...I get it... The portion YOU quoted stated;

The state's Republican-controlled legislature opted out of a Medicaid expansion under ObamaCare that would have extended coverage to 500,000 low-income people. GOP lawmakers have also proposed reductions in state income taxes while increasing sales taxes, as well as cuts in public school funding and restrictions on early voting.

It says nothing about ending early voting-depending on how you read it, they are either proposing restrictions on early voting OR cutting restrictions on early voting.

The PROPOSED tax restructuring doesn't have anything to do with last year's deficit and based off the portion YOU quoted, doesn't favor the rich OR the poor. In fact, it appears to be more along the lines with what states like FL have done-eliminate income tax and tax simply on what you buy-instead of doing both. A rational person might argue that this method is MORE fair because the rich can't weasel their way out of sales taxes as easily as they do income taxes.

The fact that they opted out of the Medicaid expansion makes sound fiscal sense as well since the state would be responsible for funding it. Are YOU going to write the check to pay for it?

Some of these cuts to public schools? They proposed increasing the mileage limit for school buses from 200,000 to 250,000 miles-reduced the replacement costs by 42% (but keep the 20 year limit).... THE HORROR!!! Yeah HUGE attack on the poor... A diesel engine that is properly maintained can run for a LONG time... How does that save money? It saves $28 million next year....

I get it, you don't let the facts get in your way but c'mon! You are just spewing forth your venom with NOTHING to back it up...I get it you just love to attack everything done by anyone even slightly conservative....that is just that well known liberal tolerance and strict adhereance to REALITY right? No wait....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings