Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any Car guys here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any Car guys here?

Quote Originally Posted by tiredretiredE7 View Post
    Ford typically controls horsepower to very specific situations such as 662 only in 3rd gear (through spark retard/fuel injector pulse limit) or higher but there are programmers to remove these limits. A pully swap on the super charger will get you over 750 hp and is very easy to swap back for any dealer serving. Most programmers will also allow you to return the computer back to stock if you need any warranty work. Your F150 Ecoboost can also be turned into a real screamer with some programming. Just do not forget order some more tires for your 2014 GT500 the day you take delivery and watch out for my envious brothers in blue. Congrats on some awesome cars.
    Yes...already many aftermarket upgrades for the 13/14 GT500. Going to keep the Stang stock for a while. Most have been getting between 580-600 RWHP stock. There is a combo that a lot of guys are using that adds a CAI, filter, pulley swap & tune ($1,200 pkg) and getting 700 RWHP. My ecoboost has a Bully Dog turner and runs great for being a little over 6,000 lbs. Have always been a hot rod/car guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True but the GT500 has a solid rear axle so there will be times a M5/M6 will hookup but the GT500 will turn the rear tires into smoke. The GT500 would be extremely competitive if Ford would break down and upgrade to a independent rear suspension/axle. Ford did it with some earlier Cobras so I don't understand why Ford sticks with the solid rear axle.
    The 2015 Mustang will have independent rear suspension...about 10 yrs late on that. The 500 has launch control to help get off the line...but still does not keep those meats from smoking. If I had the funds....I would get the M6...but those are over twice as much as the Ford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raustin0017 View Post
    The 2015 Mustang will have independent rear suspension...about 10 yrs late on that. The 500 has launch control to help get off the line...but still does not keep those meats from smoking. If I had the funds....I would get the M6...but those are over twice as much as the Ford.
    Have you considered waiting until 2015 for the independent axle? I am glad to see you did not mention anything about methonal injection. I have seen quite a few videos where someone destroyed an engine by trying to get another 80 hp. I would buy the GT500 over a M5/M6 if I had the money; American made for me every time. Most car guys can work on a GT500 but forget about trying to do anything with a M5/M6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True but the GT500 has a solid rear axle so there will be times a M5/M6 will hookup but the GT500 will turn the rear tires into smoke. The GT500 would be extremely competitive if Ford would break down and upgrade to a independent rear suspension/axle. Ford did it with some earlier Cobras so I don't understand why Ford sticks with the solid rear axle.
    The IRS will add about $1K to the sticker price of a Mustang. The live rear axle of Mustangs past & present truly are dinosaurs in the suspension world - Jeremy Clarkson compared the live rear axle of a Mustang to the girdle of a Victorian-era dress in terms of technology. However the live rear axle is FUN and CHEAP. Ford has also engineered every drop out of the current GT generation live rear axle and it performs excellently.

A problem with the 2015 re-design of the Mustang is the direction in which Ford (and other US brands) are going. Thanks to the EPA guidelines that will be on us in a few years that, amongst other things, severely restrict MPG for cars at the risk of penalties to the car manufacturers, Ford is taking the Mustang down a path that is similar to what we saw in the 80s.

Aside from the obvious skin redesign, the 2015 Mustang apparently will offer a inline-4 and a V6, both with EcoBoost turbo. The 2015 GT will keep the Coyote "5.0" with tweaks. Sadly, the "5.0" V-8 might not be with us for too much longer after that. Ford is looking at "platform sharing" to reduce costs while bringing Mustang to a global audience - there is already a 2015 UK launch with a right-hand drive Mustang that will have the turbo-boosted V4 engine. This platform would most likely be shared with the Fusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you considered waiting until 2015 for the independent axle? I am glad to see you did not mention anything about methonal injection. I have seen quite a few videos where someone destroyed an engine by trying to get another 80 hp. I would buy the GT500 over a M5/M6 if I had the money; American made for me every time. Most car guys can work on a GT500 but forget about trying to do anything with a M5/M6.
    Never considered waiting on the 2015. The 13/14 GT500 will be the last vehicle by Ford SVT with a thumbs up from Carroll Shelby to build the car. He approved of the 13 and then passed away....shortly after. It was a sad day for us Car Nuts. That is one of the main reasons I went with the 14. Yes...it has a solid rear axle but it is fully tunable/adjustable with the three link + panhard bar. Not the best for road-racing but I don't really do that kind of driving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay....took delivery of my 2014 GT500 a few weeks ago. She is one bad pony! Just had to share pics.

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/ra...?sort=9&page=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I get to pull the transmission out of my 2002 Trans Am tomorrow to replace the bearing and clutch. Not looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^ Really? I like those type of projects. Not too difficult and sort of fun once you get started. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raustin0017 View Post
    Okay....took delivery of my 2014 GT500 a few weeks ago. She is one bad pony! Just had to share pics.

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/ra...?sort=9&page=1
    :hail "Where's the 'JATO' hard points located at???" :first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I purchased a Bullitt Mustang off the showroom floor back in 2001. Still own it today...a little over 50,000 miles on her now. Longest period of time I've ever owned one car.

Last couple of pics were taken 10 years ago with Richard Petty.