Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Car guys here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any Car guys here?

Here is a pic of the GT500 I have on order. Should take delivery on/about 15 Aug. Could not figure out how to insert the pic?

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/raustin0017/media/Photo1s_zps0948c85f.jpg.html?filters[user]=136645497&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raustin0017 View Post
    Congrats! The car sounds amazing and performance is outstanding. Are you going to keep it stock or do you already have a list of mods?
    Gonna tint the windows, wrap the chrome, plasti-dip the grilles, put a light smoke on the tail lights and then... CUTOUTS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeB6p1seJlE
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats! The car sounds amazing and performance is outstanding. Are you going to keep it stock or do you already have a list of mods?
    Tint, black vinyl wrap on the chrome trim, plati-dip the grilles, a little lisght smoke on the tail lights, and then CUTOUTS! :scared

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    Tint, black vinyl wrap on the chrome trim, plati-dip the grilles, a little lisght smoke on the tail lights, and then CUTOUTS! :scared

Dude, if you're going to tweak that thing to growl, you've got to have a manual shift. Just my opinion though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's official... yesterday I FINALLY bought a CTS-V! It'll be waiting for me when I get home in 3 weeks! (gonna be a LONG 3 weeks!!)

Not my cup o tea, but congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rules for the sake of rules makes for mindless policy and engenders a lack of respect for those who enact and enforce them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Dude, if you're going to tweak that thing to growl, you've got to have a manual shift. Just my opinion though.
    I know the old school folks will never get on board with it... but if I WANT to get involved in the process, I've got the option at the stick or paddles on the wheel... but the other 99% of the time, I've got 2 options, mellow or sport, to let a computer much smarter than I do the work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    Not my cup o tea, but congrats!
    :twak: :lmao:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All these car pictures make me wish I had something classic like that to wrench on. I have an '02 Pontiac WS6 Trans Am. Not a classic yet, but one day it will be. And I wrench on it as much as I can. I'm changing the AC compressor this weekend. Georgia heat sucks with no AC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know the old school folks will never get on board with it... but if I WANT to get involved in the process, I've got the option at the stick or paddles on the wheel... but the other 99% of the time, I've got 2 options, mellow or sport, to let a computer much smarter than I do the work for me!

:twak: :lmao:
    I was surprised with the response of my paddle shifters, quite fun on the twisty's in the mountains. Plus when in traffic you don't have to worry about shifting, since everyone knows that crap gets old in a hurry when sitting in bumper to bumper.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Todays transmissions on sports cars are a ton different from when Muscle Cars were born. Remember when you had to install a 'shift kit' to make is shift faster? The 09 M3 dual clutch I sold last year was one of the best cars I've ever driven. If the 2014 GT500 I have on order offered a dual clutch...I would have selected the option.

The ones who hate on todays sports auto transmissions have never driven one. There is a reason the most high performance cars in the world don't have a third peddle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Todays transmissions on sports cars are a ton different from when Muscle Cars were born. Remember when you had to install a 'shift kit' to make is shift faster? The 09 M3 dual clutch I sold last year was one of the best cars I've ever driven. If the 2014 GT500 I have on order offered a dual clutch...I would have selected the option.

The ones who hate on todays sports auto transmissions have never driven one. There is a reason the most high performance cars in the world don't have a third peddle.
    A friend in high school, with a canary yellow '72 Boss 351c.i., had a piece of plywood under the clutch pedal, on the floorboard.