Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Man Flips Out Over Cheese on His Burger at Wendy's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Man Flips Out Over Cheese on His Burger at Wendy's.

"Walmart; the new 'AirFarce!' "

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    Maps are clickable and give age numbers and male female split.
    http://www.lexicalist.com/collections/fastfood.html

Note, I worked at McDonald's one day in high school and quit, got my $16 check.
    I was on the line for dinner, I fixed up like 100 burger felt like an hour,
    Looked at clock, it had been 5 minutes. It was then I swore off fast food
    And worked at a toy store (unionized in NJ) and movie theaters.
    I worked at a Carl's jr out in Fresno back in 91 for 6 months.. Liked it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My resume is loaded on a USB drive, and it's sitting within arm's length.

decktechonthe1047@hotmail.com
    Try not to go off the deep end dude. I never asked for your resume, nor do I even care to see it. I don't see how that's even remotely relevant to what I said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Try not to go off the deep end dude. I never asked for your resume, nor do I even care to see it. I don't see how that's even remotely relevant to what I said.
    You're the one insinuating I didn't know what I was talking about, and I offered a sample.

If you're going to play, try to keep up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You're the one insinuating I didn't know what I was talking about, and I offered a sample.

If you're going to play, try to keep up.
    I say again - I do not give a shit about your resume. I honestly could not care less if you've worked in a restaurant or not. Back your claim up with actual evidence or stats...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Adjusted for inflation, there was back then. So why not now?

CEOs now make 400 times that of the average worker, when they only used to make about 35 times that of the average worker back then. That's where all the payroll money is going. To the CEO and other top executives.
    You are aware that the population has been growing exponentially don't you?

Lets make this simple. Say the U.S. gov has enough economic buying power to purchase 1,000 happy meals and the population is 10... Everyone can eat like kings-some may get more, some may get none but really there is enough to go around. Say over the next 100 years, the purchasing power goes up 100 but the population goes up 1,000,000. Now there isn't enough to go around no matter how you slice it....

Dude, what are you talking about? Stereotypes? Dude, liberals are compassionate and tolerant by definition. There's no requirement for one to be compassionate or tolerant to be considered conservative. Look at all these conservative knocking people for having a sense of entitlement. FLAPS is knocking minimum wage for earners for having a tip jar on the counter. USN-Retired accused all poor people of being lazy parasites who are on drugs. Those are just two examples; and this is conservative thinking. Not liberal thinking.

And if you think tolerating intolerance is hypocrisy, then your way of thinking is flawed.
    Please provide this definition-from a reputable source... How tolerent would you say Joe is of Christians? Does that make Joe a conservative? So you are tolerent of racists? Compassionate toward human trafficers? Hell, you aren't even tolerent of those that wish to exercise their Consitutional rights....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    I say again - I do not give a shit about your resume. I honestly could not care less if you've worked in a restaurant or not. Back your claim up with actual evidence or stats...
    Do your own leg work, and check the Department of Labor website. Sorry it's not the Blaze, or other trash journalism.

Now run along and play, sonny.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    You are aware that the population has been growing exponentially don't you?

Lets make this simple. Say the U.S. gov has enough economic buying power to purchase 1,000 happy meals and the population is 10... Everyone can eat like kings-some may get more, some may get none but really there is enough to go around. Say over the next 100 years, the purchasing power goes up 100 but the population goes up 1,000,000. Now there isn't enough to go around no matter how you slice it....
    That doesn't explain or justify the disproportionate rise in executive compensation.

Please provide this definition-from a reputable source... How tolerent would you say Joe is of Christians? Does that make Joe a conservative? So you are tolerent of racists? Compassionate toward human trafficers? Hell, you aren't even tolerent of those that wish to exercise their Consitutional rights....
    Okay, no problem:

1lib•er•al adjective \ˈli-b(ə-)rəl\
    Definition of LIBERAL
    1a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts <liberal education> b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth
    2a : marked by generosity : openhanded <a liberal giver> b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way <a liberal meal> c : ample, full
    3obsolete : lacking moral restraint : licentious
    4: not literal or strict : loose <a liberal translation>
    5: broad-minded; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
    6a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives
    — lib•er•al•ly \-b(ə-)rə-lē\ adverb
    — lib•er•al•ness noun
    lib•er•al•ism noun \ˈli-b(ə-)rə-ˌli-zəm\
    Definition of LIBERALISM
    1: the quality or state of being liberal
    2a often capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity b : a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard c : a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties; specifically : such a philosophy that considers government as a crucial instrument for amelioration of social inequities (as those involving race, gender, or class) d capitalized : the principles and policies of a Liberal party
    — lib•er•al•ist \-b(ə-)rə-list\ noun or adjective
    — lib•er•al•is•tic \ˌli-b(ə-)rə-ˈlis-tik\ adjective
    Merriam-Webster. When it comes to defining words, you can't get more reputable than that!

Oh, let's throw in a thesaurus entry, too:

liberal adjective
    Definition of LIBERAL
    1not bound by traditional ways or beliefs <parents who take a very liberal attitude toward letting their children stay out late>
    Synonyms broad-minded, nonconventional, nonorthodox, nontraditional, open-minded, progressive, radical, unconventional, unorthodox
    Related Words advanced, contemporary, modern; forbearing, indulgent, large-minded, lenient, permissive, tolerant; extreme; impartial, objective, unbiased
    Near Antonyms hard, rigid, strict; doctrinal, dogmatic (also dogmatical); bigoted, blinkered, intolerant, narrow-minded; reactionary, unreconstructed
    Antonyms conservative, conventional, hidebound, nonprogressive, old-fashioned, orthodox, stodgy, traditional
    2being more than enough without being excessive <he always puts liberal amounts of grated cheese on his pizza>
    Synonyms abundant, ample, aplenty, bounteous, bountiful, comfortable, cornucopian, galore, generous, liberal, plenteous, plenty
    Related Words extra, supernumerary, surplus; abounding, blooming, overflowing, plump, replete, rich, rife, teeming, wealthy; adequate, enough, sufficient; fat, fecund, fertile, fruitful, luxuriant, prodigal, prolific; copious, fulsome, lavish, profuse
    Near Antonyms deficient, inadequate, insufficient, lacking, wanting; meager (or meagre), niggardly, stingy; skimpy; least, minimum; light, slight, small; barren, infertile, sterile, unfruitful, unproductive
    Antonyms bare, minimal, scant, spare
    3giving or sharing in abundance and without hesitation <a doctor who has been very liberal in dispensing low-cost care to patients who could not otherwise afford it>
    Synonyms bighearted, bounteous, bountiful, charitable, free, freehanded, freehearted, fulsome, liberal, munificent, open, openhanded, unselfish, unsparing, unstinting
    Related Words extravagant, handsome, lavish, overgenerous, profuse; altruistic, beneficent, benevolent, hospitable, humanitarian, philanthropic (also philanthropical); big, greathearted, largehearted, magnanimous, openhearted; compassionate, good-hearted, kind, kindly, samaritan, sympathetic
    Near Antonyms mean, petty, small; frugal, spare, sparing, thrifty; chary, stinting; acquisitive, avaricious, avid, coveting, covetous, desirous, grasping, hoggish, itchy, mercenary, rapacious; begrudging, envious, grudging, resentful
    Antonyms cheap, close, closefisted, costive, illiberal [archaic], mingy, miserly, niggardly, parsimonious, penurious, selfish, stingy, stinting, tight, tightfisted, uncharitable, ungenerous
    You were saying?

And, by the way, the "intolerance of the intolerant" argument doesn't work. I really don't know why you intolerant people keep using it.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That doesn't explain or justify the disproportionate rise in executive compensation.
    I'm not sure you are aware of what proportional means.... Take a few minutes and do a quick internet search on John D. Rockefeller, Andrew W. Mellon, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Flagler, Henry H. Rogers, J. P. Morgan, Leland Stanford, Charles Crocker, and/or Cornelius Vanderbilt and tell me that today's execs are disproportionaly rewarded. Now if you said that some are rewarded for doing a shitty jo, I would completely agree but hey...as a Democrat, you should be all for that right?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    I'm not sure you are aware of what proportional means.... Take a few minutes and do a quick internet search on John D. Rockefeller, Andrew W. Mellon, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Flagler, Henry H. Rogers, J. P. Morgan, Leland Stanford, Charles Crocker, and/or Cornelius Vanderbilt and tell me that today's execs are disproportionaly rewarded.
    The people that you mentioned weren't mere executives. They were founders and owners of the company. That would be equivalent to the stockholders, who actually have to depend on the executives to do their jobs.

Now if you said that some are rewarded for doing a shitty jo, I would completely agree but hey...as a Democrat, you should be all for that right?
    If by "shitty job," you mean cleaning up the shit that Republicans leave; you're damned right I'm all for it.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males