Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Man Flips Out Over Cheese on His Burger at Wendy's.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Man Flips Out Over Cheese on His Burger at Wendy's.

If I was a business owner and forced to triple the wages to meet Rusty's definition of a "living wage," then I'd be forced to exercise some options, like raising the cost of goods/services, lay off employees, reduce everyone to part-time, or go out of business because I can no longer compete.

As for paying more for my hamburger? Not going to happen!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    The dollar doesn't go nearly as far as it did back then. Why do you think we have to keep printing more money? The value is no longer based on anything.
    What part of "adjusted for inflation" confused you????

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    If I was a business owner and forced to triple the wages to meet Rusty's definition of a "living wage," then I'd be forced to exercise some options, like raising the cost of goods/services, lay off employees, reduce everyone to part-time, or go out of business because I can no longer compete.

As for paying more for my hamburger? Not going to happen!
    Higher wages mean more spending power and less debt. Which means more profit and, lower interest rates and higher wages for you yourself.

I understand that you don't give a shit about anyone except yourself - don't worry, you benefit too from these higher wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    What part of "adjusted for inflation" confused you????

Higher wages mean more spending power and less debt. Which means more profit and, lower interest rates and higher wages for you yourself.

I understand that you don't give a shit about anyone except yourself - don't worry, you benefit too from these higher wages.

Ah yes the liberal response. You dont care about people.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I was actually incorrect. $22 may have been a "living wage" or something like that, that I got from somewhere else. $10.70 is the actual wage of the 1968, adjusted for inflation. That's why there's a big push for an $11/hr minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Ah yes the liberal response. You dont care about people.
    Uhh... what? The "people" need something, and conservatives mock them for having a "sense of entitlement." Liberals care about people. Conservatives are all about "Fuck you; I've got mine, get your own."
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I was actually incorrect. $22 may have been a "living wage" or something like that, that I got from somewhere else. $10.70 is the actual wage of the 1968, adjusted for inflation. That's why there's a big push for an $11/hr minimum wage.

Uhh... what? The "people" need something, and conservatives mock them for having a "sense of entitlement." Liberals care about people. Conservatives are all about "Fuck you; I've got mine, get your own."

Hahaha eff you I got mine. Nice try. Im conservative leaning person and im ver compassionate towards people. We can throw stereo types around all day if you want, but it will get us now. Such as liberals preaching tolerance until you disagree with them, then youre an elitist asshat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dude, what are you talking about? Stereotypes? Dude, liberals are compassionate and tolerant by definition. There's no requirement for one to be compassionate or tolerant to be considered conservative. Look at all these conservative knocking people for having a sense of entitlement. FLAPS is knocking minimum wage for earners for having a tip jar on the counter. USN-Retired accused all poor people of being lazy parasites who are on drugs. Those are just two examples; and this is conservative thinking. Not liberal thinking.

And if you think tolerating intolerance is hypocrisy, then your way of thinking is flawed.
    Not tolerating intolerance. Its any subject. Also he didnt say all poor are parasites on drugs. Many are but not all. Flaps wasnt mocking them.

Emotionally hyoersensitive eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dude, what are you talking about? Stereotypes? Dude, liberals are compassionate and tolerant by definition. There's no requirement for one to be compassionate or tolerant to be considered conservative. Look at all these conservative knocking people for having a sense of entitlement. FLAPS is knocking minimum wage for earners for having a tip jar on the counter. USN-Retired accused all poor people of being lazy parasites who are on drugs. Those are just two examples; and this is conservative thinking. Not liberal thinking.

And if you think tolerating intolerance is hypocrisy, then your way of thinking is flawed.
    The true, original definition of liberal/conservative has to do with their views on the constitution, not compassion or lack of. Liberals feel the constitution is a living, breathing document. Conservatives believe the constitution is "as printed". What you are refering to is simple party line views of the other side.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Hahaha eff you I got mine. Nice try. Im conservative leaning person and im ver compassionate towards people. We can throw stereo types around all day if you want, but it will get us now. Such as liberals preaching tolerance until you disagree with them, then youre an elitist asshat

"Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Not tolerating intolerance. Its any subject. Also he didnt say all poor are parasites on drugs. Many are but not all. Flaps wasnt mocking them.

Emotionally hyoersensitive eh?
    So now you're in denial in order to make your point stick? Not gonna work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So now you're in denial in order to make your point stick? Not gonna work.
    Denial of what? Look at abortion, if somebody wants any regulations on abortion theyre hated by the liberals. Intolerance of a separate view is hypocrisy.

Now look at race. If I was intolerant of black for simply the color of their skin then I would deserve the harassment. A view point such as abortion or tipping doesnt.