Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military Rights

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Re: Military Rights

Quote Originally Posted by E4RUMOR View Post
    Marines either accept NJP because they are either guilty and know it, or they are stupid and do not exercise their rights to push for Court Martial.
    ...or perhaps they're fully aware that 90% of all Court Martials end in a conviction, and aren't willing to roll that dice.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    ...or perhaps they're fully aware that 90% of all Court Martials end in a conviction, and aren't willing to roll that dice.
    There is a reason for that too...most CC's aren't willing to send something to CM unless they are pretty sure the accused actually did it... Sometimes, if the accused turns down the NJP, the CC will leave it alone because there just isn't enough to PROVE it at CM... Not sure how often it happens but it does happen. Just like civilians will often try to get you to plead to a lower offense rather than go to trial...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Often people that are guilty as sin are found not guilty because evidence is excluded, on a technicality, or simply because the jurors don't know the burden of proof required for a guilty verdict.....
    Or the prosecution's lawyer messed up and didn't push as good as he should have, letting the defendant's lawyer wow the jury so they went with him..