Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Texas Logic: It is legal to murder prostitute for not having sex with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Texas Logic: It is legal to murder prostitute for not having sex with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post

Another thing you can do - only do incalls. Call one up on one of the local classifieds and have her come to you. Police departments don't do incall sting ops, because soliciting the services of a prostitute is a low level misdemeanor and incall sting ops are considered to be too dangerous to be worth it. Incalls are more expensive, but some might consider the peace of mind to be worth it.
    Damn, Bro. Do you even pro? Sounds like you do, yo.
    If I stay in this beloved Corps I vow to try my hardest to put a kink in the careerism and duechebaggary that plagues the ranks in an attempt to prevent the downfall of a lethal, vigorous and purportedly adaptive force.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    So you think it is stupid to have a law that allows you to defend yourself from robbery? THAT is the law they used to get this guy off....
    I've gone back and read the article in the original post.

1. Yes, Texas law apparently allows this conduct. But then, it sounds like the law is a holdover from the days of the Wild West when law enforcement could be sporadic at times and you had to rely on your own devices to retrieve what belonged to you. Not one intended for use in the 20th and 21st centuries.

2. All that was lost was property - in this case money. You can (under normal circumstances) earn more money. If you are that hard up you can't, then you have no business engaging the services of a lady of the evening. I saw nothing that indicated his life was in peril, or that he (or someone else in the immediate area) was at risk of grievious bodily harm. Normally you have to meet that standard to employ deadly force.

I would not be surprised to find that the Texas Legislature quietly repeals this law and any others like it in order to avoid a repeat event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bosun View Post
    I've gone back and read the article in the original post.

1. Yes, Texas law apparently allows this conduct. But then, it sounds like the law is a holdover from the days of the Wild West when law enforcement could be sporadic at times and you had to rely on your own devices to retrieve what belonged to you. Not one intended for use in the 20th and 21st centuries.

2. All that was lost was property - in this case money. You can (under normal circumstances) earn more money. If you are that hard up you can't, then you have no business engaging the services of a lady of the evening. I saw nothing that indicated his life was in peril, or that he (or someone else in the immediate area) was at risk of grievious bodily harm. Normally you have to meet that standard to employ deadly force.

I would not be surprised to find that the Texas Legislature quietly repeals this law and any others like it in order to avoid a repeat event.
    Not in TX and this isn't some holdover law that no-one has heard of. This is a commonly known and followed law. That is what makes being a repo man in TX so dangerous. You CAN'T go onto someone's property after dark and take property or you CAN be legally shot.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings