Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvation Army: Gay parents should be put to death

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Re: Salvation Army: Gay parents should be put to death

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Apparently you didn't even read your own articles... They are about the Salvation Army not wanting to ordain homosexuals...not that they wanted them all dead or even that they wouldn't hire them...that and like Joe's article, instances of INDIVIDUALS acting like idiots...
    Contrary to what you just said, the first link simply talked about discrimination during hiring. It said nothing about ordained ministers.

Second link did mention the Salvation Army not wanting to ordain gay ministers, but it ALSO mentioned not wanting to provide medical benefits to employees in same sex couples.

The third article is about the Salvation Army engaging in CYA after one of their bell ringers drew a little too much attention himself for taking the same stance on homosexuals that the Salvation Army has been known to take for awhile.

The fourth article was about a law in the UK, prohibiting the promotion of acceptance of homosexuals that was enacted in 1998. At the time the article was written, there was a battle to get this law repealed. What you're seeing is a letter from the Salvation Army expressing a desire for the UK to keep the law.

Looks like you've only read one article... and not the whole thing, at that.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Contrary to what you just said, the first link simply talked about discrimination during hiring. It said nothing about ordained ministers.

Second link did mention the Salvation Army not wanting to ordain gay ministers, but it ALSO mentioned not wanting to provide medical benefits to employees in same sex couples.

The third article is about the Salvation Army engaging in CYA after one of their bell ringers drew a little too much attention himself for taking the same stance on homosexuals that the Salvation Army has been known to take for awhile.

The fourth article was about a law in the UK, prohibiting the promotion of acceptance of homosexuals that was enacted in 1998. At the time the article was written, there was a battle to get this law repealed. What you're seeing is a letter from the Salvation Army expressing a desire for the UK to keep the law.

The first article didn't even say that the Salvation Army discriminated in ANY hiring practices...it simply mentioned that they were one of the religious groups seeking an exemption.

Third article-one INDIVIDUAL said something...

So not PROMOTING homosexuality is now homophobic?

NICE!
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ahhh...the religion thread is back. Too bad JB isn't here to go on for pages and pages with Rusty.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The first article didn't even say that the Salvation Army discriminated in ANY hiring practices...it simply mentioned that they were one of the religious groups seeking an exemption.
    So then you agree that the desire to engage in discriminatory practices towards homosexuals is there then?

Third article-one INDIVIDUAL said something...

So not PROMOTING homosexuality is now homophobic?

NICE!
    Straw man. I said promoting the acceptance of homosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
    Ahhh...the religion thread is back. Too bad JB isn't here to go on for pages and pages with Rusty.
    Were you even there for that?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Were you even there for that?
    Dude, I joined MTF a year before you according to our profiles. Then again, you might have had 100 different alts before I ever even joined...I dunno.

But yes, I was around then, and read most of the threads unless they turned into a Rusty (with one of your alts jumping in to support yourself) versus <insert another user name here> argument that was never going to end. I've found that arguing religion with folks who are firm in their beliefs is useless so I don't bother. Neither side will change their mind on the subject so why get everyone pissed off at each other.

Oh, and for the record I was just busting your balls a little. Go outside, have a smoke (a.k.a. chill pill) and come on back. Learn to laugh at yourself every once in a while. It's good therapy.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Dude, I joined MTF a year before you according to our profiles. Then again, you might have had 100 different alts before I ever even joined...I dunno.
    I was here since 2008 as Yggdrasil, but that's not really relevant. I pretty much used that account to troll this place anyway; and actually created the Rusty Jones account to engage in bone fide dialogue - something I couldn't do with the Yggdrasil account, since it's image was tainted.

But yes, I was around then, and read most of the threads unless they turned into a Rusty (with one of your alts jumping in to support yourself) versus <insert another user name here> argument that was never going to end.
    Initially, this Rusty Jones account was created to be a "nice guy" - the one who was friendly with everyone, in strict contrast with Yggdrasil; so there were certain things I couldn't say, because it would be out of character for Rusty. That's when I brought the other accounts in: to say the things that Rusty couldn't. The Punisher account was meant to be my final account, showing my true personality... but after the Rep Wars were over, the mods got rid of my other accounts and now I have to use Rusty Jones for what I intended to use Punisher for.

Don't think that the other accounts were used to create a false sense of "strength in numbers," because it wasn't. At one point in time, it was Yggdrasil vs EVERYONE on MTF - and I kept it up for over a year. The two alt accounts created during that time were simply accounts that I used when the others were banned - but I announced who I was with those other two.

Look, I'd tell you to give it a rest... get the fuck over it (my alt accounts in the past)... but you're not going to; nor will anyone else. So, you will all get the pleasure of watching me speak of these accounts - since you want to keep bringing them up.

I've found that arguing religion with folks who are firm in their beliefs is useless so I don't bother. Neither side will change their mind on the subject so why get everyone pissed off at each other.
    The point isn't to change the religious. The point is to fuck with them.

Oh, and for the record I was just busting your balls a little. Go outside, have a smoke (a.k.a. chill pill) and come on back. Learn to laugh at yourself every once in a while. It's good therapy.
    All I did was question whether or not you were there; because I don't remember your name coming up. How you got that as an indicator of me being too tightly wound, I have no clue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The point isn't to change the religious. The point is to fuck with them.
    So you admit you're just here trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki Troll Definition
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    (yeah...I used wiki, to lazy too look up a legit source)

All I did was question whether or not you were there; because I don't remember your name coming up. How you got that as an indicator of me being too tightly wound, I have no clue.
    Fair enough....I misinterpreted the intent of your post. I took it as challenging me for not even knowing what went down.

Look man, I'm not trying to get in an internets war with you, I was just poking a little fun. I don't get the whole alt accounts thing nor the rep wars either, but to each their own I guess.

And I know you'll probably post something in response other than "cool man" just to be sure you get in the last word.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

So you admit you're just here trolling.

(yeah...I used wiki, to lazy too look up a legit source)
    Yeah, so? We all troll, we all GET trolled. It's part of what makes MTF great. At least it used to.

Fair enough....I misinterpreted the intent of your post. I took it as challenging me for not even knowing what went down.

Look man, I'm not trying to get in an internets war with you, I was just poking a little fun. I don't get the whole alt accounts thing nor the rep wars either, but to each their own I guess.

And I know you'll probably post something in response other than "cool man" just to be sure you get in the last word.
    Internet war, poking a little fun... it's all the same.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

So let me get this straight...the Salvation Army, a Christian organization, is against gay marriage and ordaining gay ministers? No kidding???? These are kind of tenets of Christianity. Should they be expected to go against their religious beliefs just to be politically correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joe was a user that leaned HEAVILY left but occasionally had some good points-toward the end, those posts got fewer and farther between. Apparently, all traces of him have been sanitized for some asinine reason.
    I never got that either, I grant I was hundreds of miles from the nearest land when most of all that was happening, I couldn't help but wonder if someone with a little greater "Permissions with this website" might have had a little more of a "vendetta" against that individual? I mean they shut down the whole stinkin topic for quite some time over this.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison