Thread: Moderation Approval for Posts with Links

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Moderation Approval for Posts with Links

@ForumAdmin @CommunityEditor

A long time ago, a change was made to the forum to require approval for all posts with links. This was done to stop a massive spamming problem that kept occuring a while back.

We get around it by posting and then editing and adding the link. But sometimes forget to do this and add the link to begin with. Moderation approval often takes a long time...

Is it possible to add exceptions into the system to allow all the regular users to not require moderation approval and only require new users to have moderation approval???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Moderation Approval for Posts with Links

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    @ForumAdmin @CommunityEditor

A long time ago, a change was made to the forum to require approval for all posts with links. This was done to stop a massive spamming problem that kept occuring a while back.

We get around it by posting and then editing and adding the link. But sometimes forget to do this and add the link to begin with. Moderation approval often takes a long time...

Is it possible to add exceptions into the system to allow all the regular users to not require moderation approval and only require new users to have moderation approval???
    Bravo!! Since all you have to do is go back, edit the post, and insert the link, this restriction never made any sense. Thanks for binging it up (and to @ForumAdmin for fixing it!)!!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Had i known about that "work around" a good dozen or so of my more recent "In the news" threads would not have been made say friday evening but showing up for all to see monday afternoon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    The largest issue are bots that auto register, and then later auto post, at a rate a hundred or so per day (if you don't have protections in place). We are highly visible on search, that's why the attack rate is so high.

Anyway, spam bots don't have this logic to circumvent the auto moderation. Only humans do, so that reduces the rate of moderated posts to a couple a day.

I actually cannot figure out why the auto moderation is not responding to my controls, but I'm working on it.
    Makes sense. I've moderate a few forums and groups on Facebook and know fighting off the spammers is a never ending job. Thanks for all you do!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Pity we can't just reach through the networks to those making those spambots and wring their necks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    The largest issue are bots that auto register, and then later auto post, at a rate a hundred or so per day (if you don't have protections in place). We are highly visible on search, that's why the attack rate is so high.

Anyway, spam bots don't have this logic to circumvent the auto moderation. Only humans do, so that reduces the rate of moderated posts to a couple a day.

I actually cannot figure out why the auto moderation is not responding to my controls, but I'm working on it.
    Was wondering what is going on!!!