Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "MAGIC SKY RELIGIOUS TROLLS NEED TO START YOUR OWN FORUM" by 'RC'

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: "MAGIC SKY RELIGIOUS TROLLS NEED TO START YOUR OWN FORUM" by 'RC'

It's amazing how there are two sides in this, just as there was in the "F the Police" thread. Certain people have a way of lumping all of a group together and condemning them. Curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm on a side of common sense and tolerance. I was raised Catholic, but I just identify myself as Christian. I don't go preaching or even trying to get into discussions about my religious beliefs. In fact, I find myself talking more about them on this forum than I do anywhere else in my life.

For starters, someone says "Merry Christmas" or "God Bless", I say "Thank you".

Someone says "Happy Hanukkah", I say "Thank you".

Someone says "Blessed Ramadan", I say "Thank you".

The point? If someone thinks highly enough of me, or respects me enough as a person to wish me a blessing based on their spiritual beliefs, I take it as a compliment and am grateful. It means they care. People that flip out with crap like "I don't believe! Save it for someone else! I am going to sue you for trying to convert me!" are assholes. No other way to word that.

Gays? I don't care about gays any more or less than I care about straights, bis, tris, quads...etc. The ONLY thing I cared about when it came to the repeal of DADT was equality. The objects of sexual desire for gay men are on full display in the men's shower. No, maybe not mine because I am "not all that", but they still get to see it. I work with a few females whose breasts I would LOVE to get an eyeful of. I don't get to use their showers, do I? I know a lot of fathers and husbands that don't want their daughters/wives being "exposed" to other guys lustful eyes. Why is it magically ok for gays, but still not ok for straights? Gay marriage? Let them get married. Who cares? Really...how does it affect my life in the slightest? It doesn't, and I don't care. Tell me you're gay and I say "So what...get back to work and stop bugging me, I'm not your confidant".

Same applies to religion. No one is REALLY being harmed (mentally, emotionally, spiritually, or physically) when someone else is talking about religion. On one hand atheists state how funny it is..."Magic Sky Man" and all that. Then on the flip side they talk about how offended they are and how they feel their work environment is hostile. Funny *AND* hostile? Wow...it's the evil clown circus all of a sudden.

Are their religious zealots in the AF? Sure their are. Is every person of faith a zealot? No more so than is every man a rapist.

Yet I'll see the same people use one argument to justify their stance and dismiss the same argument when others use it correctly for a different position. That, my friends, is called hypocritical.

My side is basically for all sides to STFU and get over it. Grow up and grow a pair in the process. You won't change my beliefs anymore than I'll change yours.

This "I'm offended" shit is just that: shit. You just want people to bend to your will. You won with DADT and now you think you can keep going. It's like the nonsense these schools in the States are doing with the word "gun". Kids are getting suspended for SAYING THE WORD: GUN! If they win that one, they'll keep going. Soon your kid will get expelled for THINKING the word, or hearing the word from someone else.

Society has officially lost its damned minds. It's disgusting that each and everyone of US and the rest of the country continues to let it happen too. BEND TO MY WILL OR I WILL SUE, REPORT, ACCUSE, PROSECUTE! I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY VIEW THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO MINE!

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Okay, I must be thinking of someone else. Well, I suppose you're on Wildman's side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drackore View Post
    I'm on a side of common sense and tolerance. I was raised Catholic, but I just identify myself as Christian. I don't go preaching or even trying to get into discussions about my religious beliefs. In fact, I find myself talking more about them on this forum than I do anywhere else in my life.

For starters, someone says "Merry Christmas" or "God Bless", I say "Thank you".

Someone says "Happy Hanukkah", I say "Thank you".

Someone says "Blessed Ramadan", I say "Thank you".

The point? If someone thinks highly enough of me, or respects me enough as a person to wish me a blessing based on their spiritual beliefs, I take it as a compliment and am grateful. It means they care. People that flip out with crap like "I don't believe! Save it for someone else! I am going to sue you for trying to convert me!" are assholes. No other way to word that.

Gays? I don't care about gays any more or less than I care about straights, bis, tris, quads...etc. The ONLY thing I cared about when it came to the repeal of DADT was equality. The objects of sexual desire for gay men are on full display in the men's shower. No, maybe not mine because I am "not all that", but they still get to see it. I work with a few females whose breasts I would LOVE to get an eyeful of. I don't get to use their showers, do I? I know a lot of fathers and husbands that don't want their daughters/wives being "exposed" to other guys lustful eyes. Why is it magically ok for gays, but still not ok for straights? Gay marriage? Let them get married. Who cares? Really...how does it affect my life in the slightest? It doesn't, and I don't care. Tell me you're gay and I say "So what...get back to work and stop bugging me, I'm not your confidant".

Same applies to religion. No one is REALLY being harmed (mentally, emotionally, spiritually, or physically) when someone else is talking about religion. On one hand atheists state how funny it is..."Magic Sky Man" and all that. Then on the flip side they talk about how offended they are and how they feel their work environment is hostile. Funny *AND* hostile? Wow...it's the evil clown circus all of a sudden.

Are their religious zealots in the AF? Sure their are. Is every person of faith a zealot? No more so than is every man a rapist.

Yet I'll see the same people use one argument to justify their stance and dismiss the same argument when others use it correctly for a different position. That, my friends, is called hypocritical.

My side is basically for all sides to STFU and get over it. Grow up and grow a pair in the process. You won't change my beliefs anymore than I'll change yours.

This "I'm offended" shit is just that: shit. You just want people to bend to your will. You won with DADT and now you think you can keep going. It's like the nonsense these schools in the States are doing with the word "gun". Kids are getting suspended for SAYING THE WORD: GUN! If they win that one, they'll keep going. Soon your kid will get expelled for THINKING the word, or hearing the word from someone else.

Society has officially lost its damned minds. It's disgusting that each and everyone of US and the rest of the country continues to let it happen too. BEND TO MY WILL OR I WILL SUE, REPORT, ACCUSE, PROSECUTE! I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY VIEW THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO MINE!

Whatever.
    Well said and much better than I could do. If he is or is not on my side is no big deal because I am on his.

Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.