Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I wonder if they are going to require all students hand over the keys to their cars/vehicles, and if the student wants it back,, they have to "ask daddy"...
    I wouldn't be surprised. Already believe they have to do a bunch of "force protection" or "risk management" stuff if going further than a certain distance. Treating troops like children is always counterproductive, and, frankly, contemptible.

  2. #22
    Senior Member RobotChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Williamsburg VA
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

    #20 after #21

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,329
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

    Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. Already believe they have to do a bunch of "force protection" or "risk management" stuff if going further than a certain distance. Treating troops like children is always counterproductive, and, frankly, contemptible.
    That's one of the things i always hated when navy ships do cruises..
    E6+ overnight
    E5 and below need 'mommies permission'..

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    At your mom's house
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

    Hey, the best way to deal with the sexual assault problem in the military is by punishing EVERYBODY, regardless of whether you're doing anything wrong. Right?

    (Note: That was sarcasm, for those of you not familiar with it.)

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,329
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

    Well they do that when an E6 or below gets a DUI. punish all the E6 ad below..

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Right about.....HERE
    Posts
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

    At least one Soldier has his head screwed on straight;

    “This represents the military’s simplistic approach to solving a complex issue that it has ignored for years,” Army Spc. Sam Ellison, a 28-year-old soldier at Texas’ Goodfellow Air Force Base, which has a 9 p.m. curfew for new troops, wrote in an email to the Army Times newspaper.
    Ellison said the misguided thinking is, “If we treat all of the soldiers like criminals, they can’t commit crimes.”
    “Big Brother would be proud,” he wrote.


    http://www.airforcetimes.com/article...re-combat-rape
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

    --Barak Obama


    You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

    Lord of the Pings

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    At your mom's house
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    At least one Soldier has his head screwed on straight;

    “This represents the military’s simplistic approach to solving a complex issue that it has ignored for years,” Army Spc. Sam Ellison, a 28-year-old soldier at Texas’ Goodfellow Air Force Base, which has a 9 p.m. curfew for new troops, wrote in an email to the Army Times newspaper.
    Ellison said the misguided thinking is, “If we treat all of the soldiers like criminals, they can’t commit crimes.”
    “Big Brother would be proud,” he wrote.


    http://www.airforcetimes.com/article...re-combat-rape
    The John Lennon quote in your signature is incomplete.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Right about.....HERE
    Posts
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

    Quote Originally Posted by Creaminess View Post
    The John Lennon quote in your signature is incomplete.
    May I make a movie reccomendation to you?

    Dinner for Schmucks...

    Barry: In the words of John Lennon; you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not...
    Tim: The only one...
    Barry: What?
    Tim: You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one... that's the lyric...
    Barry: Yeah. Okay, Tim...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

    --Barak Obama


    You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

    Lord of the Pings

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    At your mom's house
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Some O-5 at DLI is bucking REAL hard for O-6.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    May I make a movie reccomendation to you?

    Dinner for Schmucks...

    Barry: In the words of John Lennon; you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not...
    Tim: The only one...
    Barry: What?
    Tim: You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one... that's the lyric...
    Barry: Yeah. Okay, Tim...
    Ah, no, I haven't seen that one; I'm not much of a movie fan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •