Thread: "Doing Are Best With Less" (Inspired by 'CHIEF B')

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Doing Are Best With Less" (Inspired by 'CHIEF B')

:hat Any Cluckin' on this?? Don't hold back now.........:scared1:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: "Doing Are Best With Less" (Inspired by 'CHIEF B')

Less education in the area of spelling? Are, or Our?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tried to correct that...opps, tooo late! OUR!:frusty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to say we are doing it...but we recently created an entirely new work center by cutting one in half so we could divide the equipment and duplicate the programs. Now we have half the people doing twice the work. The reason? "Leadership" was too lazy to allow people to fix it in the current state, and this was the "quickest" fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My experience thus far is business as usual. We have less money, less vehicles (since 38 of them are sitting idle in a field), less personnel (some incoming personnel had their orders cancelled and there has been no one to replace them) and less training (since training TDYs have been put on hold). Yet with all this "less" on our part, we are still expected to provide "more" for others. In all fairness, we are getting it done and in fact I think a lot of the guys are thriving off of it; finding ways of getting shit done against stacked odds can be a morale and esteem boost. I just hope it doesn't cause any burning-out or "leadership" doesn't take advantage of it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe it's a wake up call for Airmen to start earning their paychecks and not sit or stand around with their thumb up their butt! Hate to say it, but overall, the Air Force is not the best teacher on work ethic. Just go to any customer service place, hospital, or dining facility and you'll know what I mean!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    Maybe it's a wake up call for Airmen to start earning their paychecks and not sit or stand around with their thumb up their butt! Hate to say it, but overall, the Air Force is not the best teacher on work ethic. Just go to any customer service place, hospital, or dining facility and you'll know what I mean!
    You mean someone do something to enhance their knowledge so they can provide better service?

Yeah right...people out chasing awards still with the latest bake sale and car wash. All the cuts and we are still spending thousands of dollars on award plaques.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea, because it's the Airmens' fault. What rock you living under, boy? This drives me nuts when I hear this crap. Wake up and look UP to place blame.

I took over a work center earlier this year because they wanted me to fix it. It was poorly trained, poorly managed, and poorly run. Programs were behind with dozens of write ups that were ignored, people couldn't set up their equipment to make it run. I came in and saw the problem - unit leadership and above.

I addressed those problems. These guys were tasked for EVERYTHING and no one in the chain above me would say "no" to anything that came down that would give them the chance to "look good". That was ignored. Go set out static displays so some DV can ooh and ahh at them, go stand in a mobility line because the base wants a really long line...let's have three or more CC calls, all calls, etc a week. They filled their time with garbage and then threw a fit when I couldn't fix anything at all. I even considered extending the duty day to fit in real mission time and that was shot down too. I documented, WAR'd, recorded conversations...nothing worked.

These "Airmen" aren't all sitting around with their thumbs up their butts. They have too much inconsequential work to do, and no one is winning the fight against it.

I am arguing with some tool on Stars and Stripes right now over cutting grass. Back when I first joined we cut the grass, waxed the floors, cleaned the bathrooms. It was also a period when I had ample time to spend on my equipment and train and DO THE JOB. Then they got rid of all that cleaning nonsense. I was thrilled. They contracted it all out to "give us more time to train". That was awesome...at first. Then they filled it with this crap we do now, and kept filling it more and more. We're overflowing with duties that have nothing or small significance to our jobs (BS ancillary/additional/deployment training, dog and pony, get-a-snco/o-promoted, additional duties because someone else won't do their job, etc etc).

So whatever job you have, mil/retiree/civilian, open your eyes.

A long time ago I said the problem with Airmen today are the NCOs today. That was awhile ago. The problem TODAY with Airmen is NCOs, and the problem with NCOs is SNCOs, and their problem is Officers. The entire service is fucked up. You have a CMSAF and CSAF saying catch phrases like "Give our Airmen their time back" and "Work-Life Balance". Guess who is ignoring them: OFFICERS!

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post