Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who said a Major couldn't make it to the top?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who said a Major couldn't make it to the top?

"Air Force Team Reaches Everest Summit"

A group to make you proud:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...=airforce-a.nl

Another SpecOps first. Congrats to them all
    ChiefB

It's the same in all wars, the very young and adventurous give up their lives for the old and cautious, and so the bluecollar for the privileged, the uneducated for the student, the poor for the well off, the patriot for the politician, and the few for the many.

TC6, C5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who said a Major couldn't make it to the top?

:spy There are managers, and then there are 'LEADERS'! :usa2:lock1:banana: GOO AF...

JD2780

Thats pretty neat. I get a kick out of the dumb comments from the gunbunny at the bottom of the page. His ignorance is sad at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Thats pretty neat. I get a kick out of the dumb comments from the gunbunny at the bottom of the page. His ignorance is sad at best.
    Yes, very sad....and he is unable to read more than one paragraph, apparently.
    BTW, I think this Major is a hell of a guy and the 7 summit challenge is a hell of a goal. Good on 'em all.

How come you're not up there JD?:kidding:
    ChiefB

It's the same in all wars, the very young and adventurous give up their lives for the old and cautious, and so the bluecollar for the privileged, the uneducated for the student, the poor for the well off, the patriot for the politician, and the few for the many.

TC6, C5

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefB View Post
    Yes, very sad....and he is unable to read more than one paragraph, apparently.
    BTW, I think this Major is a hell of a guy and the 7 summit challenge is a hell of a goal. Good on 'em all.

How come you're not up there JD?:kidding:
    The Maj definitely has cajones. Funny you ask why I'm not up there. I was watching that show "North America" on the discovery channel, and they had Mt McKinley/Denali on there. I'm seriously considering the climb with my father-in-law. We go up to anchorage every couple of years to see family and I've always wondered about it. If I actually do it, dont expect me to carry a coin a flag. I'll be happy to get up there with what I need, plus other people's O2.

I'll most likely continue reading about it, and enjoying looking at through a camera lense or a TV screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't it odd that of all the officers (and one enlisted) members of this "team" only ONE count him...ONE did all 7 summits?

The co-founder did three....another guy did six..one other did 2...22 of 'em did ONE and two did ZERO....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Isn't it odd that of all the officers (and one enlisted) members of this "team" only ONE count him...ONE did all 7 summits?

The co-founder did three....another guy did six..one other did 2...22 of 'em did ONE and two did ZERO....
    Im not going to chuck spears at the dudes that didnt make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Maj definitely has cajones. Funny you ask why I'm not up there. I was watching that show "North America" on the discovery channel, and they had Mt McKinley/Denali on there. I'm seriously considering the climb with my father-in-law. We go up to anchorage every couple of years to see family and I've always wondered about it. If I actually do it, dont expect me to carry a coin a flag. I'll be happy to get up there with what I need, plus other people's O2.

I'll most likely continue reading about it, and enjoying looking at through a camera lense or a TV screen.
    If you do decide to take it on, I wish you the best of luck. I'd rather do the salmon run in June on Clear Creek.:coolanim:
    ChiefB

TC6, C5

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefB View Post
    If you do decide to take it on, I wish you the best of luck. I'd rather do the salmon run in June on Clear Creek.:coolanim:
    Dip netting!!! Or take a relaxing charter out of Ninilchik. I believe its Rowe Charters we take. Great time, a smaller boat so you dont have 10 people with you. You do the fishing, they do the cleaning of everything!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dip netting!!! Or take a relaxing charter out of Ninilchik. I believe its Rowe Charters we take. Great time, a smaller boat so you dont have 10 people with you. You do the fishing, they do the cleaning of everything!!
    My kinda exercise. Hook & line... salmon roe as bait. Use to trade my catch with our host for his cleaned and frozen catch and fly back to Hawaii to give all my neighbors a good old Alaskan Salmon fry. Some beer was allowed...:coolanim:
    ChiefB

TC6, C5