Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Co-Workers you'd like to throat punch.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Co-Workers you'd like to throat punch.....

We have all had at least a few of them.... I have one now. Whines and complains all freaking day. I want to tell him to grow a pair, man up, and act like his is in the military not Kindercare.

VFFF...another one that you know....TIMMY....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Co-Workers you'd like to throat punch.....

I sit next to a guy who constantly reads us the news he's reading on the internet and tells us all the inane details of his life including what he had for dinner or that his young daughter finally tried broccoli, etc. He just seems to need attention and it annoys the hell out of me. Plus as he walks by he always looks at my computer screen. It's not that I care if he sees me surfing the net (this is a boring job), but sometimes I'm looking at my bank accounts, etc. and he just stares at it. I told him to stop looking at my computer and he has, but he still says the dumbest shit.

Oh and "Be excellent to each other" is from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TREYSLEDGE View Post
    I sit next to a guy who constantly reads us the news he's reading on the internet and tells us all the inane details of his life including what he had for dinner or that his young daughter finally tried broccoli, etc. He just seems to need attention and it annoys the hell out of me. Plus as he walks by he always looks at my computer screen. It's not that I care if he sees me surfing the net (this is a boring job), but sometimes I'm looking at my bank accounts, etc. and he just stares at it. I told him to stop looking at my computer and he has, but he still says the dumbest shit.

Oh and "Be excellent to each other" is from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
    We used to have a guy who would read the news to us each morning. He used to throw in a made up story to see who was listening. He was pretty funny though. In our office we all share random inane things about our days. I think we know more about each others families than our own sometimes. My random story today was my daughter calling me in the middle of my run last night when instructed to only call for emergencies...her emergency was asking for permission for a brownie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    We used to have a guy who would read the news to us each morning. He used to throw in a made up story to see who was listening. He was pretty funny though. In our office we all share random inane things about our days. I think we know more about each others families than our own sometimes. My random story today was my daughter calling me in the middle of my run last night when instructed to only call for emergencies...her emergency was asking for permission for a brownie.
    I can see it in a close knit shop. I've been in units like that before. I guess this dumb staff weenie job has me a little jaded and this Army Artillery officer who sits next to me is just an idiot. I don't mind when friends tell me funny stories about their families, but his aren't even interesting or anecdotal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Had a couple over on the Army side. One was a major PT stud who couldn't do his job, about as thick as two short planks. Because of his 300, though, I couldn't do squat to him that would matter. How he got into Signal I will never know, because I could barely understand him in person much less over a radio system. Thankfully, he got transferred and I didn't have to write his counselings anymore, but still.

Number two just couldn't get to where he was supposed to be on time to save his life. Keeping account of him was about as tough as the rest of my job put together.
    Hmm? I never realized PSY was in the Army :der

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Had a couple over on the Army side. One was a major PT stud who couldn't do his job, about as thick as two short planks. Because of his 300, though, I couldn't do squat to him that would matter. How he got into Signal I will never know, because I could barely understand him in person much less over a radio system. Thankfully, he got transferred and I didn't have to write his counselings anymore, but still.

Number two just couldn't get to where he was supposed to be on time to save his life. Keeping account of him was about as tough as the rest of my job put together.
    Hmm? I never realized PSY was in the Army :der

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

---

And no, I am not THAT Psy. Thanks but no thanks, I was actually IN GANGNAM when the song debut. This is a short version of my normal internet handle (PsyBomb), which someone apparently took before I could get it here.
    "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. I am not certain about the former" -Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not really a throat punching offense, but I hate the person who comes to my desk and asks "did you get my email?". I never do, but I want to respond "why did you email me if you're coming to my desk anyway?".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

All of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    We used to have a guy who would read the news to us each morning.
    I would do this when I worked on the Hq staff but was told to stop. I was counseled on it after I read a story about a lady who put her kid in a dryer and the child had to be taken to hospital. After I read it I chimed in with "hadn't this woman ever heard of a low heat setting?" A pregnant TSgt then stormed out of the office and I was later counseled by a Capt. Curiously during a later reorganization, I was assigned a desk further away from the mainstream work area.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    I would do this when I worked on the Hq staff but was told to stop. I was counseled on it after I read a story about a lady who put her kid in a dryer and the child had to be taken to hospital. After I read it I chimed in with "hadn't this woman ever heard of a low heat setting?" A pregnant TSgt then stormed out of the office and I was later counseled by a Capt. Curiously during a later reorganization, I was assigned a desk further away from the mainstream work area.
    Wow, what does it feel like when you realize YOU are the co-worker everyone wants to throat punch?