Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rep System is Back!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The Rep System is Back!

Only this time, it's in the form of "likes" and "thanks." With the total numbers that you have at the top right corner of every post.

Now, granted, it's a different concept in that it's really going to be reflective of how many "buddies" you have around here, since there doesn't appear to be a negging feature... but... could similar problems arise?

I hope not.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Rep System is Back!

:buttkick: "We shall see...":beerchug::crucified:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Only this time, it's in the form of "likes" and "thanks." With the total numbers that you have at the top right corner of every post.

Now, granted, it's a different concept in that it's really going to be reflective of how many "buddies" you have around here, since there doesn't appear to be a negging feature... but... could similar problems arise?

I hope not.
    Gotta say, I've never seen anyone so concerned about what a bunch of strangers on the internet thought of them... :wtf2:
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I noticed that people that like your comment will also be posted by name. I sorta like that feature as people cant hide behind it anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:fest30:-CLOWNS can't :buttkick: :wall: mfg: :nana: anymore...:jester:!!! :tongue-tied:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post

I hope not.
    It won't cause problems. It's the same concept as the facebook like system but expanded a bit to include (what facebook should have) dislikes. The best part as @raider8169 mentioned is the user name appears with each like/dislike/thanks. No more hiding behind a curtain. And it doesn't have any weight on any rep system whatsoever. In the end, this system is much better and works much better. I've seen it on many forums and the overall opinion is positive with the mod.

EDIT: Another cool feature added is user tagging. If you want to tag a user, simply throw the @ symbol in front of their name. That user should (if its set up correctly) receive a notification they have been tagged.

There is another mod out there that notifies a user if they were quoted. That is very useful cause many times we never know if someone quoted us in a thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STL7997 View Post
    It won't cause problems. It's the same concept as the facebook like system but expanded a bit to include (what facebook should have) dislikes. The best part as @raider8169 mentioned is the user name appears with each like/dislike/thanks. No more hiding behind a curtain. And it doesn't have any weight on any rep system whatsoever. In the end, this system is much better and works much better. I've seen it on many forums and the overall opinion is positive with the mod.

EDIT: Another cool feature added is user tagging. If you want to tag a user, simply throw the @ symbol in front of their name. That user should (if its set up correctly) receive a notification they have been tagged.

There is another mod out there that notifies a user if they were quoted. That is very useful cause many times we never know if someone quoted us in a thread.
    @STL7997 Sorry, just had to see if I could like and dislike the same post :evil
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hadn't even noticed...Thanks!!
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've gotta admit, I have hit that dislike button a LOT more than I ever left neg rep....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I still have '1' active notifications for a Reputation comment I received just before they shut down the Reputation, that I didn't get to in time to read.