Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desserts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Desserts

Three contenders over here, but all are made by family (so nobody can really go out and try them).

There is the Desert Lasagnea (layers consist of crushed Oreos, chocolate pudding, chocolate chips, and a sweetened Cream Cheese mix)
    Then, there are the classic cookies (usually Chocolate chip, sometimes white chocolate macadamia)
    Last, there is a delicious fruit ice that my wife makes, strawberry-lemon.
    "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. I am not certain about the former" -Albert Einstein.

JD2780

Stale Oreos and vanilla ice cream!!! It's cheap and tastes great!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to use this opportunity to vent about icing on cakes. I hate that heavy lard-based frosting that you see on most store bought cakes. These types of frostings are way too sweet, heavy, and overpower the flavor of the cake. However, I do approve of frostings that are lighter. These are typically whipped-cream based frostings. They are much lighter and have a more subtle sweetness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Blue Bell is really the best brand of ice cream. It's mainly limited to the southern states however.
    Agreed - Cookies & Cream being my favorite. A close second dessert: strawberry shortcake.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

None, Ever. Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any desert with a combo of Chocolate and Peanut butter is tops for me.

I'm against any fruit and chocolate combo or fruit flavored ice creams. Also, no raisins in any desert. I love eating raisins but I can't stand it when the only oatmeal cookies you can find have raisins in them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TREYSLEDGE View Post
    Any desert with a combo of Chocolate and Peanut butter is tops for me.

I'm against any fruit and chocolate combo or fruit flavored ice creams. Also, no raisins in any desert. I love eating raisins but I can't stand it when the only oatmeal cookies you can find have raisins in them.
    Fruit (healthy) and junk food (unhealthy) should never be mixed! One exception is Outback's Apple Cinnamon Oblivion (Fried Vanilla ice cream with warm cinnamon dusted apples, candy coated pecans, caramel, whipped cream, chocolate syrup on a tostada shell). This, people, is the #1 desert in the world...although Outback discontinued it. Thread closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Strawberry short cake.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Bread pudding is sadly undervalued as a dessert.
    Not the white chocolate bread pudding at The Grapevine in Donaldsonville La. Traveled 45 mins when I went in March just to get some. Yet, the restaurant was closed so I went across the street to console myself with some drinks. :becky it was great to be in Louisiana again and have a DD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    Not the white chocolate bread pudding at The Grapevine in Donaldsonville La. Traveled 45 mins when I went in March just to get some. Yet, the restaurant was closed so I went across the street to console myself with some drinks. :becky it was great to be in Louisiana again and have a DD.
    WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIISKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.” - Unknown