Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meal Card Entitlement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Meal Card Entitlement

Enlisted at USAFA don't get to use the chow hall. They get BAS and have to either go to the bowling alley or burger king if they don't have a car. To get off base, it's a 15 minute drive from the dorms to the south gate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like how the propaganda machine has made people hate the word "entitlement". Good job Faux News. So proud of you guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a matter of fact DFAS considers all matters related to military pay as entitlements.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like how the propaganda machine has made people hate the word "entitlement". Good job Faux News. So proud of you guys.

Tak

When I started in the missile field, chefs got BAS, then they stopped. I think they should get it like missile cops.
    They cook four meals a day out there, for sometimes up to 30 people.

I know honor guard get BAS as a benefit.

Don't like eating as an entitlement, just add it to regular pay and close chow halls,
    hell, dorms have kitchens for christ sake. Airman can handle nukes and weapons but
    not a frying pan?

I've seen the whole "missing meals" thing used very loosely by shirts...let them f in eat

Tak

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    why have a bas entitlement, why not include it in base pay?

they still have the essential messing program

Tak

"Policy Reminder for All users

We respect and appreciate your participation in this forum. We encourage your lively discussion, however, we wish to remind you all to please keep your discourse at a professional level. Please respect the beliefs and views of others. We have community guidelines, and respectfully ask you to abide by them at all times. Thank you"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    When I started in the missile field, chefs got BAS, then they stopped. I think they should get it like missile cops.
    They cook four meals a day out there, for sometimes up to 30 people.

I know honor guard get BAS as a benefit.

Don't like eating as an entitlement, just add it to regular pay and close chow halls,
    hell, dorms have kitchens for christ sake. Airman can handle nukes and weapons but
    not a frying pan?

I've seen the whole "missing meals" thing used very loosely by shirts...let them f in eat
    The main reason why many of the allowances we receive are not lumped into basic pay is because of the cost that it will add to retirement benefits.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    The main reason why many of the allowances we receive are not lumped into basic pay is because of the cost that it will add to retirement benefits.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Also BAS and BAH are not included in base pay because of tax implications. If you were taxed on BAS and BAH what would they do with people who live in housing or recieve a meal card? They would have to calculate tax savings by recieving the entitlment in kind and then charge it back. That would be a nightmare.

Tak

pretty amazing, my bah and bas before retirement was like 2400, imagine retirement with those entitlements added...