Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YOUR Top 3 Sources for News.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Re: YOUR Top 3 Sources for News.

I don't have any in particular, but I do seem to have a preference for foreign sources. Afterall, they have no emotional attachment to things that are internal to the US; so they just report the news as it is.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I don't have any in particular, but I do seem to have a preference for foreign sources. Afterall, they have no emotional attachment to things that are internal to the US; so they just report the news as it is.
    But they do have emotional attachment as it relates to them. Being a foreign source is not the standard I would use. There are good foreign sources for sure (as I said my go-to source is Brit) but they all have their own agendas.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Awesome! Thanks for all the input.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    American journalism is pretty much dead. Docile little puppets of Uncle Sam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    I wouldnt agree with this. They are always bashing the government for this or that. I would say they tend to focus only on negative things. Than again that is what sells.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

There's only one news source I need. It's RFD's Facebook page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    That's not true Joe. Most of the American journalists are so stuck up Obama's ass it isn't even funny.

But I usually go for AL Jazeera, Dailymail, and Foxnews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yahoo News, Daily Mail UK and Huffington Post
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gannet news corp...:sad:lol:frusty:smash:censored

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    If you had time to read only 3 news articles per day, where would you go to get your news? Would you read all 3 from one source or would you go to 3 different sources?

If you get all your news from a left or right leaning source, I don't care. I'm just curious.
    I find your question flawed. There are two websites I go for "news" but I don't go to them for a particular article. If you asked what three sources would I use to get news, that would make a bit more sense (and it appears that is how most people answered) but what you actually asked is where would you go if you could only read three articles a day. Anyone that actually cares wouldn't do that. They may read the same article on three different sites to get the different spins but looking for three articles to read on one site or one article on three different sites just doesn't make much sense to me...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings