Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to argue a pt score

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile Re: How to argue a pt score

Quote Originally Posted by MedWeenie View Post
    Have him retake his test and do the run 42 DAYS.
    he cant run anymore. he is on a profile for arthritic knees and all that stuff. the problem is his VO2 max if he could run he would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to argue a pt score

Sounds like he needs an MEB. This is going to be a problem for the rest of his career. Member needs to come up with a long term solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not even gonna happen. he can still do the walk test and he is still deployable. The fact of the matter is the member passed, AFFMS just hasnt caught up to it. Kind of like its the first time this has happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kermit0069 View Post
    Hey all just curious about something. One of my Airman hurt his knee, and had to do the walk test. Well he maxed everything but VO2. Now here is the thing about it. His VO2, when manually calculated, was 37.6432 so AFFMS is giving him a fail since the minmum VO2 is 38. He told me about this and I looked it up in the fitness AFI 2905 and it says VO2 max is rounded to the nearest whole number. So in my opinion and all of my leadership for that matter his VO2 shouldve been 38. the FAC here submitted a rebuttal to SVI for us, but im curious as to how long it will take to get an answer? has anyone ever heard of this before? I mean he is a fit dude, runs all the time, just had bad timing with his knee injury. I believe it was either faulty heart rate monitors, test anxiety or a combo of both. Either way in my opinion he passed. Again have you guys heard of this at all, this is my first. You think he should see what happens or go to ADC or something like that?

thanks in advance
    You and him go talk to your Commander. Explain the circumstances to him. Commanders have the authority to invalidate a test.