Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
There aren't a LOT of GLBT country singers but it is hardly unprecedented... K.D. Land used to be a country singer and Kristen Hall was a founding member of Sugarland....

Why have no country music stars come out in support of her? Might want to check your facts because Mary Chapin Carpenter, LeAnn Rimes and SHeDAISY have come out publicaly in support of her...She also says several others told her privately that they support her. I don't often listen to regular radio so I will have to defer to your analysis on that but...I definately agree that there isn't much controversial country music these days...used to have "Outlaw Country" but it is all pretty "pop-esque" these days....

The last, I kind of agree but more with your last sentance than the rest...
My lack of support from other country artists comment was based on the somewhat dated information from the documentary "Wish Me Away." I am glad to hear some country artists have come out publicly as well as privately in support of Chely's revelation. Insofar as my characterization of country music and it's business, I stand by my statements. Chely has since left Nashville her home for some 20 years and currently resides in NYC.