Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: < One Month Left!

  1. #11
    Senior Member KellyinAvon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: < One Month Left!

    It is great to be able to log on the forum again!!
    Sgt Jack: congrats on receiving a retirement MSM (based on your entire service to the USAF, not on any recent issues, this is good to hear). It is also good to hear the Blue ID Mafia has gained another "friend of the family". Consigliere Machine666 is right, you'll soon be part of "this thing of ours". IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME, MAN!!!
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

  2. #12
    Tak
    Guest

    Re: < One Month Left!

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    It is great to be able to log on the forum again!!
    Sgt Jack: congrats on receiving a retirement MSM (based on your entire service to the USAF, not on any recent issues, this is good to hear). It is also good to hear the Blue ID Mafia has gained another "friend of the family". Consigliere Machine666 is right, you'll soon be part of "this thing of ours". IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME, MAN!!!
    Is it really that great to log on again...

  3. #13
    Senior Member KellyinAvon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: < One Month Left!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Is it really that great to log on again...
    Yes, yes it is. Thank you for asking Tak. A$$ deep in snow yet?
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

  4. #14
    Tak
    Guest

    Re: < One Month Left!

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Yes, yes it is. Thank you for asking Tak. A$$ deep in snow yet?
    Yes, I am happy as well to post balls deep in snow as I type this.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: < One Month Left!

    Jack, congratulations on the medal.

    Tried to respond about your plans for a retirement ceremony in your earlier thread, but board wouldn't let me do a reply.

    My humble suggestions. First, if you must have a retirement ceremony, make it invitation-only, as I did. Second, if you must have a retirement ceremony, don't turn your speech into a diatribe of how you were wronged. Won't change anything, nobody in charge will care, and you leave looking like a bitter, beaten man. Instead, take the occasion to thank your family for their support, thank the various bosses, friends, and commanders who helped you along earlier in your AF career, and maybe mention what you plan to do in retirement. Then you can go out with your head held high. You came with honor. You served with honor, even though you weren't always done honorably. And you leave with honor. You leave as the bigger man, someone the AF couldn't keep down.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: < One Month Left!

    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantJack View Post
    I have less than one month left.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    Maniacal laughter goes well with pending retirement.


    Also: holy balls! The unit just gave me an MSM.
    Suicide risk goes up after retirement. Make sure you attend as many resiliency briefs as you can.

  7. #17
    FLAPS
    Guest

    Re: < One Month Left!

    Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    Jack, congratulations on the medal.

    Tried to respond about your plans for a retirement ceremony in your earlier thread, but board wouldn't let me do a reply.

    My humble suggestions. First, if you must have a retirement ceremony, make it invitation-only, as I did. Second, if you must have a retirement ceremony, don't turn your speech into a diatribe of how you were wronged. Won't change anything, nobody in charge will care, and you leave looking like a bitter, beaten man. Instead, take the occasion to thank your family for their support, thank the various bosses, friends, and commanders who helped you along earlier in your AF career, and maybe mention what you plan to do in retirement. Then you can go out with your head held high. You came with honor. You served with honor, even though you weren't always done honorably. And you leave with honor. You leave as the bigger man, someone the AF couldn't keep down.
    I knew a female SMSgt who retired after 26 honorable years. She HATED her current GS-15 boss, so walked out the door without a ceremony. She left the AF as a DEFEATED SMSgt after 26 years. After she walked out the door I never heard the GS-15 mention her name again. You'd think after 26 years this SMSgt would at least get an honorable mention? Nope.

  8. #18

    Re: < One Month Left!

    Nah, no retirement ceremony. I will probably have a party at my house, though, and only a handful of military folks will be invited. Nobody in my chain of command will have anything that is both complimentary and sincere to say about me, and the temptation to be defiant would be too high. AND, if I decided not to be defiant, I'd hate myself afterwards.

    It's better for everybody involved if I just backed away from the Air Force. This way nobody gets hurt.

    Oh, and the MSM? I wrote it. It doesn't mean much, but it does complete my seventh row of ribbons, so it looks sweet.
    I like to vector out my space voids to at least 5m.

  9. #19
    FLAPS
    Guest

    Re: < One Month Left!

    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantJack View Post
    Oh, and the MSM? I wrote it. It doesn't mean much, but it does complete my seventh row of ribbons, so it looks sweet.
    I wrote my MSM, then had to make corrections to it after it got kicked back. I sure hope the recipient is happy with the final product, because the author did have to jump through hoops to get it to look perfect.

  10. #20
    Tak
    Guest

    Re: < One Month Left!

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    I wrote my MSM, then had to make corrections to it after it got kicked back. I sure hope the recipient is happy with the final product, because the author did have to jump through hoops to get it to look perfect.
    Wrote both of mine...collecting dust, but my kids will probably like them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •