Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: 14 injured...

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Here's the issue I have with it. Currently, there may be no other motives than to know where the weapons are in case police have to enter someone's home (though most of those people will not have them registered). However, it makes it way to easy down the road to use it for other reasons, like knowing which houses to raid in the event of some sort of revolution.

    How do you feel about a DNA database? Are you all for that? Should the average law abiding citizen be required to submit DNA to a database? That would make it much easier to solve several different crimes.
    Good point Sand.. take a look at CA and NY. both have started (or seemed to) rounding up legally purchased guns in the hands of those who the state feels should not have them.. Now i fully agree with thoe with criminal backrounds should not, but those with mental issues (Taking depression drugs)>> Who determines if your mental issues warrants your gun taken?
    And as for the DNA databases, i am fully against taking and storing the DNA of anyone NOT convicted of any crime.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Here's the issue I have with it. Currently, there may be no other motives than to know where the weapons are in case police have to enter someone's home (though most of those people will not have them registered). However, it makes it way to easy down the road to use it for other reasons, like knowing which houses to raid in the event of some sort of revolution.

    How do you feel about a DNA database? Are you all for that? Should the average law abiding citizen be required to submit DNA to a database? That would make it much easier to solve several different crimes.
    Absolutely! If shit hits the fan and there's civil unrest, and my unit is activated, I absolutely would like to have a rough estimate of how many assault weapons are in that neighborhood.

    It would also be good to know where all the gun nuts live, with stockpiles of dozens of weapons. Not that the owner himself would necessarily use them against me, but he'll probably the first one to get his throat cut and his house looted by a gang.

  3. #23
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Absolutely! If shit hits the fan and there's civil unrest, and my unit is activated, I absolutely would like to have a rough estimate of how many assault weapons are in that neighborhood.

    It would also be good to know where all the gun nuts live, with stockpiles of dozens of weapons. Not that the owner himself would necessarily use them against me, but he'll probably the first one to get his throat cut and his house looted by a gang.
    Glad to know which side your on. And you are EXACTLY the reason the government should NOT know what weapons I have.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Glad to know which side your on. And you are EXACTLY the reason the government should NOT know what weapons I have.
    Yeah sure buddy, because the people trying to reestablish security, evacuate people, and bring in water, food, and medical supplies are the bad guys and we deserve to be shot down in the street.

    Exactly the reason why I'm queasy about so many ignorant people having assault rifles.

  5. #25
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Yeah sure buddy, because the people trying to reestablish security, evacuate people, and bring in water, food, and medical supplies are the bad guys and we deserve to be shot down in the street.

    Exactly the reason why I'm queasy about so many ignorant people having assault rifles.
    The only people being shot down in the street will be the ones coming to my house to get my guns because they know I have them due to the registry.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    The only people being shot down in the street will be the ones coming to my house to get my guns because they know I have them due to the registry.
    Yes, paranoid people opening up on the ANG because they think we're coming to take der gunz - yup, exactly what we need. Good thing we got uparmored gun trucks in the motor pool.

  7. #27
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Yes, paranoid people opening up on the ANG because they think we're coming to take der gunz - yup, exactly what we need. Good thing we got uparmored gun trucks in the motor pool.
    Do you even believe half of what you say anymore, or do you just randomly spout disagreements?

  8. #28
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Yeah sure buddy, because the people trying to reestablish security, evacuate people, and bring in water, food, and medical supplies are the bad guys and we deserve to be shot down in the street.

    Exactly the reason why I'm queasy about so many ignorant people having assault rifles.
    Just like the cops in Katrina that killed some people? Those guys?

    I guess you guys would stay in the up armored vehicles the whole time. No movements on foot.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Do you even believe half of what you say anymore, or do you just randomly spout disagreements?
    I just find the thought amusing of you trying to shoot an armored vehicle rolling down the street because you think they're going to disarm you.

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Just like the cops in Katrina that killed some people? Those guys?
    Or the heavily armed punks taking pot shots at Soldiers and rescue workers with assault rifles.

    I guess you guys would stay in the up armored vehicles the whole time. No movements on foot.
    If there's some idiot perched up in his window with his zombie survival kit, AR-15, and collector's edition of Ayn Rand novels - sure, I don't see any issue with taking him out from afar.

  10. #30
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: 14 injured...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    I just find the thought amusing of you trying to shoot an armored vehicle rolling down the street because you think they're going to disarm you.



    Or the heavily armed punks taking pot shots at Soldiers and rescue workers with assault rifles.
    K


    If there's some idiot perched up in his window with his zombie survival kit, AR-15, and collector's edition of Ayn Rand novels - sure, I don't see any issue with taking him out from afar.
    Nope I was referring to the cops that actually killed people and tossed them off a bridge. The same cops that were supposed to be helping people. Yea, I believe in trust but verify.

    Being the type of person you are, I surprised you're using the gov assets as helping people instead of as a controlling tool of the man.

    So you would shoot at a lawfully armed man for simply exercising his second amendment right and having his choice or reading material. Good to know what side you'll be on when the shit hits the fan. Joe your flip flopping on what side you're supporting these days these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •