Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Judge rules ALL women should have morning after pill..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Judge rules ALL women should have morning after pill..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Hence why I specified "murder", and not just "killing".
    Is there a difference? Not in some people's minds. There is still much discussion on whether any killing is right or wrong, no matter the circumstance.

So you don't know of a single sect of Christianity that follows the bible? Interesting. So its okay to be envious of your neighbor's possessions, lust after his wife, and be gay?
    It's not ok to do these things. However, doing these things does not damn us to hell. Nowhere does the New Testament say that. What it says is that we need to repent for these things. Even then, it doesn't necessarily say we are going to hell if we don't repent. That's all left up to the judgment. Maybe you should try reading the bible and understanding the religion before you start trying to tell others what it actually says.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Some - including Christ - held this belief. However, most people don't - because survival at times requires self defense, up to and including killing.
    I'd like to see your stats on "most".

And this is where Christianity - and most other religions - fail. These religions try to guilt us into feeling shame over feelings and emotions we have no control over. There is NOTHING wrong with lust or anger. Nothing at all. Its only bad if we act on these feelings and harm someone else.
    The point is that we should be trying to control it. We should avoid situations, as much as possible, that could lead to these things. No guilt, just trying to do better.

"All fall short of the glory of god" - you WILL go to hell unless you're "saved". What's debated is what the criteria is for salvation. Can a mass murderer still go to heaven if he repents? Can a nice guy still go to hell just because he never heard of Jesus? That's a question debated over and over to no avail over the centuries.
    Absolutely. We do not know the criteria for salvation. I can't answer whether a mass murderer can or not. Not up to me. As a matter of fact, I can't answer any of these questions. It's not up to me to judge.

Why even bother? Why worry about all the religious crap and just do the right thing without fear of divine punishment?
    I have no fear of divine punishment. I'll use this comparison. Growing up my parents spanked me. However, I didn't have fear of the punishment. I had "fear" of disappointing them and not trying my best to lead my life the way I was taught.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Is there a difference? Not in some people's minds. There is still much discussion on whether any killing is right or wrong, no matter the circumstance.
    Some - including Christ - held this belief. However, most people don't - because survival at times requires self defense, up to and including killing.

It's not ok to do these things.
    And this is where Christianity - and most other religions - fail. These religions try to guilt us into feeling shame over feelings and emotions we have no control over. There is NOTHING wrong with lust or anger. Nothing at all. Its only bad if we act on these feelings and harm someone else.

However, doing these things does not damn us to hell. Nowhere does the New Testament say that. What it says is that we need to repent for these things. Even then, it doesn't necessarily say we are going to hell if we don't repent. That's all left up to the judgment. Maybe you should try reading the bible and understanding the religion before you start trying to tell others what it actually says.
    "All fall short of the glory of god" - you WILL go to hell unless you're "saved". What's debated is what the criteria is for salvation. Can a mass murderer still go to heaven if he repents? Can a nice guy still go to hell just because he never heard of Jesus? That's a question debated over and over to no avail over the centuries.

Why even bother? Why worry about all the religious crap and just do the right thing without fear of divine punishment?