Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F'ing Posers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: F'ing Posers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Squid View Post
    As if I didn't already have enough negative stereotypes to deal with already, I can thank Sergeant Slapnuts for perpetuating the stereotype of the ill-tempered and maladjusted basket case with PTSD.

Wait a sec; my avatar probably isn't helping.
    :spider Change it to 'RAMBO', that'll work! :attention Darn thing slowing DOWN AGAIN MESSING UP..arrrrghhhhh!@#$%^&

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Looking through all the comments on the Terminal Lance page... all these asshats defending him. It really seems like douchehammers like him are the accepted norm in a large segment of the Corps... life is way too damn short for that.
    It is truly sad but much of the active Army and Marine Corps look to these clowns as BAMFs. They are in fact just assholes. Maybe the guy does have PTSD, I don't know. That's not a get out of jail free card. Still needs to face the consequences. If he truly is that unstable maybe he needs an inpatient program.

The AF has a more coddling mindset. Ask them why, if they did something to offend them, and apologize for being in his bumpers way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Joe, I am with you on this one.

PTSD or not, bad behavior is bad behavior. Get the guy help. If he has PTSD so badly that he is incapable of controlling his behavior in such a situation, what does that say to his likely behavior under greater stress. Given that, is he still leading Marines?

It is one thing to empathize with what is causing the behavior it is quite another to excuse and therefore condone the behavior in the process.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If his PTSD is so bad that he can't handle a minor traffic accident, then the dude doesn't need to be driving (or in a car for that matter). I know people with PTSD and this isn't how they act when met by small incidences. This guy is just an asshat. He would have acted the same exact way regardless of his mental faculties due to war.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have two friends, one a Army veteran of Vietnam who was 25th ID during '67- '68, and the other a Marine scout/sniper during Desert Shield/Storm. Both of these guys have been diagnosed with severe PTSD. Both of these guys surround themselves with friends who wouldn't let a situation such as this occur.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Notice how he started flipping out even more after his little buddies showed up... once he had audience, then he REALLY put on a show.

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have two friends, one a Army veteran of Vietnam who was 25th ID during '67- '68, and the other a Marine scout/sniper during Desert Shield/Storm. Both of these guys have been diagnosed with severe PTSD. Both of these guys surround themselves with friends who wouldn't let a situation such as this occur.
    Bam!!!! Knowing your limitations and surrounding yourself with friends and not agitators. Oh and to your friend from the 25th TROPIC LIGHTENING STRIKES!!! 1/27 wolfhounds and 1-14 Golden Dragons!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We don't know what happened, the guy that hit him probably was driving like a maniac for all we know. I would start yelling too if someone rear ended me because they were not paying attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, the guy probably was driving aggressively and did something that could have gotten people injured or killed. I don't think the Marine was out of line and he didn't really do anything to cause him physical harm. He is still the victim of the accident. If the other guy can't take a few cuss words or some screaming then... I don't know what to say, he's a p***y. Those calling for the Marine to get kicked out or reprimanded are out of line.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ares7 View Post
    We don't know what happened, the guy that hit him probably was driving like a maniac for all we know. I would start yelling too if someone rear ended me because they were not paying attention.
    I would hope you wouldn't act in such an unbecoming and unprofessional manner.

Quote Originally Posted by ares7 View Post
    Actually, the guy probably was driving aggressively and did something that could have gotten people injured or killed. I don't think the Marine was out of line and he didn't really do anything to cause him physical harm. He is still the victim of the accident. If the other guy can't take a few cuss words or some screaming then... I don't know what to say, he's a p***y. Those calling for the Marine to get kicked out or reprimanded are out of line.
    In California, the driver who hits the other vehicle is automatically at fault. The Marine would have been fine if he hadn't decided to behave like an immature five year old who needs a time out.