Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Females Fail again

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Females Fail again

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    The question itself revealed his real point........obvious since you understood it. The answer to the question asked would have revealed no relevant information regarding the fitness of women to operate in the Infantry.

Silly huh? All these posts and here we are, right where my original post intended.
    I am equally curious as to what you think his "agenda" is... other than simply getting some context to the fact two women failed. If ten or twenty males also failed... that sheds some light on the number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    I am equally curious as to what you think his "agenda" is... other than simply getting some context to the fact two women failed. If ten or twenty males also failed... that sheds some light on the number.
    No it doesn't.

If 2 women failed and there were 20 enrolled and 10 or 20 males failed and there were 10 or 20 enrolled, that would tell a completely different story than it 2 women failed and there were 4 enrolled and 10 or 20 males failed and there were 50 or 60 enrolled.
    Raw numbers don't give you any context at all...you need the ratio or percentages.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    No it doesn't.

If 2 women failed and there were 20 enrolled and 10 or 20 males failed and there were 10 or 20 enrolled, that would tell a completely different story than it 2 women failed and there were 4 enrolled and 10 or 20 males failed and there were 50 or 60 enrolled.
    Raw numbers don't give you any context at all...you need the ratio or percentages.
    Yes yese yes yes yes okay fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Yes yese yes yes yes okay fine.
    My point is that we have gone six pages and as of yet, no meaningful data has been supplied to support the OP that women are not qualified...we know a couple aren't...and that 25% of an undetermined population either passed or didn't pass-that post was extremely unclear (or I can't read).
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    Right, your original post, where you accused me of having an 'obvious' agenda.

Still waiting to know what my agenda is...
    Did you want it in another language?

Read this again slowly........I added a little bold text to aid in the effort.

"Again........................"......people out who try to slyly push an agenda without actually stating so. Like maybe the OP had some anti-female bent."

This is like explaining a joke. See the "like maybe' is a reference to the thinly veiled agenda you showed when asking your irrelevant question. And just in case you are still missing it.........."The OP had some anti-femail bent". See, THAT would be your agenda.

Kinda a let down after all this. You can climb out now.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did have a somewhat anti-female bent to it. I am not going to lie. I hate how the DOD has become so PC oriented it is sickening. I understand women want to be equal and I applaud them for that. But too many times in Marines I have seen females use the differences to there advantage. Now a couple of female officers sued the DOD and it relented. So now they can try to finish Infantry Officer Course.

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    I did have a somewhat anti-female bent to it. I am not going to lie. I hate how the DOD has become so PC oriented it is sickening. I understand women want to be equal and I applaud them for that. But too many times in Marines I have seen females use the differences to there advantage. Now a couple of female officers sued the DOD and it relented. So now they can try to finish Infantry Officer Course.
    If they did finish would you still have this contempt for women?

Would you just assume the cadre folded and let them slide?

Or would you trust them the way you would trust any other butter bar, I know I said trust butter bar i relatively speaking.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

No, english is fine.

Well, thank you for the bold print, about the OP's agenda. Here's some bold print of my own,

Given that I'm the one that asked the question, that would make me the one with the 'obvious' agenda, now again, one more time, WHAT IS MY "OBVIOUS" AGENDA!!!

Come on, you can do it, it's not hard.

It kinda sucks when you make an accusation about someone and they call you out on it isn't it?

Here, one more time, what's my agenda please?
    Come one, do you think anyone is buying this........?

Let's not cherry pick and quote my entire post.

Like this..............

"The OP had some anti-female bent". See, THAT would be your agenda.

I am puzzled at this point why this seems to be such a big deal to you. Are you shocked that someone recognized your obtuse point? Other posters (including Joe despite his stated 'curiosity') saw it. We all do it just not sure why so sensitive.

EDIT: I did correct the spelling from my original post

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Did you want it in another language?
    No, english is fine.

Read this again slowly........I added a little bold text to aid in the effort.

"Again........................"......people out who try to slyly push an agenda without actually stating so. Like maybe the OP had some anti-female bent."

This is like explaining a joke. See the "like maybe' is a reference to the thinly veiled agenda you showed when asking your irrelevant question. And just in case you are still missing it.........."The OP had some anti-femail bent". See, THAT would be your agenda.

Kinda a let down after all this. You can climb out now.
    Well, thank you for the bold print, about the OP's agenda. Here's some bold print of my own,

Actually it is pretty obvious that asking about the number of men who failed did have an agenda.
    Given that I'm the one that asked the question, that would make me the one with the 'obvious' agenda, now again, one more time, WHAT IS MY "OBVIOUS" AGENDA!!!

Come on, you can do it, it's not hard.

It kinda sucks when you make an accusation about someone and they call you out on it isn't it?

"Chief, I have never been, or ever will be, a Warrior.
    Doesn't matter how many times you make me say it, it will never be true."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I haven't been part of the conversation but, oh well. By asking how many men have failed when the article is about women you are trying to make the point that women failing proves nothing. You're trying to push that the article does nothing to prove that women aren't equally as cabable as men. You are insinuating that men and women are equal. Ultimately, your agenda is one of equality in all aspects. Your agenda is misguided.