Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77

Thread: Females Fail again

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    In the Corps there is a reflexive hatred and bitterness towards female Marines. I'm not sure why exactly. Is it because its a high-tempo/high stress organization, and the females were an unfortunate easy target to vent all this hatred and anger?

    The "female problem" is entirely self-inflicted. All the services have a double standard for the sexes... but the USMC is by far the worst offender. From day 1 of boot camp female Marines are taught that they are weaker, that there's roles that they couldn't/shouldn't do. In other words... that sense of entitlement that American girls often have is never broken.

    So basically, the females are being taught from Day #1 at a lower standard... then when they fail out of courses that's somehow evidence that they shouldn't be held to a higher standard. It's circular reasoning.

    From my experience - a typical Army girl will deblouse and help pitch the operations tent and fill sand bags without even thinking about it - from what I saw in the Corps - the dudes would be working, and the female standing around expecting everyone to work except her. Not to say they were all like that... but its an attitude that the organization seemed to actively encourage.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,329
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    I don't care how many women entered the course. I want to know how many men failed the course, specifically, out of how many..
    So you want to know the % of men who fail, but care not how many women fail... and you say there is no agenda there??
    RIIIGGGHHHHHTT>

  3. #23
    Senior Member RobotChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Williamsburg VA
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    :happyWell if you consider they 'Kangaroo' their young for 9 months, they ought to be able to handle the extra weight! reggers

  4. #24
    Senior Member Quixotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So you want to know the % of men who fail, but care not how many women fail... and you say there is no agenda there??
    RIIIGGGHHHHHTT>
    When did I say I don't care how many women failed?

    Since the other guy won't tell me my agenda, perhaps you will...?
    "Chief, I have never been, or ever will be, a Warrior.
    Doesn't matter how many times you make me say it, it will never be true."

  5. #25
    Senior Member efmbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    In the Corps there is a reflexive hatred and bitterness towards female Marines. I'm not sure why exactly. Is it because its a high-tempo/high stress organization, and the females were an unfortunate easy target to vent all this hatred and anger?
    They are looking for a few good MEN. Could be that simple.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    They are looking for a few good MEN. Could be that simple.
    Very true!

  7. #27
    Senior Member RobotChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Williamsburg VA
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    reggers Well the rate things are going...you will have to settle for a 'Few Great Women'; cause the 'guy pool' is full of wimps! (sorry to bust your bubble..IMO of course) Military 'BRATS' excluded of course, 63% of enlistment I believe..Mr. Dorr? hone

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    They are looking for a few good MEN. Could be that simple.
    Very true!

  9. #29
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    Hmmm, what knowledge could be gained by comparing the number of men who fail the number of women who fail....? Hmmm, I wonder...

    I'm still waiting for you to tell be what my agenda is.
    I am still waiting for you to tell me what knowledge you will gain from knowing those two particular facts.

    BTW: My agenda is calling people out who try to slyly push an agenda without actually stating so. Like maybe the OP had some anti-female bent.

    So.............what insight to the situation (females failing Infantry Officer Course) do you gain from knowing those two facts you insist are important
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  10. #30
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Females Fail again

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So you want to know the % of men who fail, but care not how many women fail... and you say there is no agenda there??
    RIIIGGGHHHHHTT>
    But he asked NOTHING about percentages for either gender, just number of men who failed.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •