Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Females Fail again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Females Fail again

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Squid View Post
    As compared to the number of men who passed?
    I'm not comparing anything by asking that question.

You tell me.
    I don't know, that's why I asked.

I'll tell you this much though; *percentages* in this case, viewed alongside their respective raw numbers, will paint a far more accurate picture than wandering astray with just raw numbers alone.
    Agreed
    "Chief, I have never been, or ever will be, a Warrior.
    Doesn't matter how many times you make me say it, it will never be true."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The system works. Women can sign up and try out just like the men. Those that pass when they do will be able to hack it. Those that cannot will be and are washing out. Why is this even a issue for discussion? The only thing this proves is that removing an absolute ban on women in these MOS's does not weaken the force because it operates as it was designed to.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DocBones View Post
    pullinteeth, the women Marines were allowed to enter the course knowing that there would be no gender norming. It's hard enough to become an infantry officer in the Corps. If the course were to be gender normed, we'd be adding not only women, but softer type males, that if they couldn't handle the course, why does anyone think that they can haul the gear that the infantry has to do? It's tough for a reason. If an officer can't hack the training, then the Corps has no place place for any of them, male or female who can't complete the course, in the infantry. The Corps carries very heavy packs, up to 140 pounds, plus ammo for them and for the smaw gunners. Add in the bdus, the combat helmet, the canteens, medical first aid kits, entrenching tools, gas masks, plus the weapon. And other stuff.

It's tough enough being a Marine, without having to carry some non hackers gear also.

So, it's either pass, or fail, and get some other job. It's as simple as that.
    I get that...he didn't say no FEMALES could pass...he said no one could pass.... Having a standard that is unatainable by ANYONE seems pretty stupid to me...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Actually it is pretty obvious that asking about the number of men who failed did have an agenda.

Otherwise the question should have been..."How many women have entered the course?"

And as mentioned, percentages of failure for both genders gives a truer picture. Knowing how many men failed by itself does nothing to add to the knowledge of the situation.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Does the failure of women bring joy to anyone?
    The failure itself doesn't bring joy but the proof, to those who insist we can all do the same tasks, that it just isn't the case brings a little joy. I don't dislike women at all. I dislike activists who are being activists just for the sake of it. I'm glad that women are competing in business on a skill/intellectual/leadership level. For people to continue to insist that men and women, in general, can compete on a physical level is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Actually it is pretty obvious that asking about the number of men who failed did have an agenda.
    Ok, what's my agenda?

Otherwise the question should have been..."How many women have entered the course?"
    I don't care how many women entered the course. I want to know how many men failed the course, specifically, out of how many.

And as mentioned, percentages of failure for both genders gives a truer picture. Knowing how many men failed by itself does nothing to add to the knowledge of the situation.
    That depends upon exactly what knowledge of a situation one is looking for. I guess I'll have to wait for you to tell me what my agenda is so I can decide what I need knowledge about.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    Ok, what's my agenda?

I don't care how many women entered the course. I want to know how many men failed the course, specifically, out of how many.

That depends upon exactly what knowledge of a situation one is looking for. I guess I'll have to wait for you to tell me what my agenda is so I can decide what I need knowledge about.
    How about you tell us what insight you will gain by comparing the number of men who fail to the number of women who fail? What 'knowledge' are you looking for?

Please, at least be honest with your postings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, knowing how many men failed, how many men were enrolled, how many women failed, and how many women were enrolled would give you those percentages. You are right, knowing how many men failed doesn't tell you squat but neither does knowing how many women failed... The next step (if an issue was identified) would be to find out WHY there was a difference in percentages. If that difference is caused by a valid requirement, fine. If it is caused by a BS requirement...that might be another matter entirely...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Actually, knowing how many men failed, how many men were enrolled, how many women failed, and how many women were enrolled would give you those percentages. You are right, knowing how many men failed doesn't tell you squat but neither does knowing how many women failed... The next step (if an issue was identified) would be to find out WHY there was a difference in percentages. If that difference is caused by a valid requirement, fine. If it is caused by a BS requirement...that might be another matter entirely...

So the question asked was of no substantive value?

My point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about you tell us what insight you will gain by comparing the number of men who fail to the number of women who fail? What 'knowledge' are you looking for?

Please, at least be honest with your postings.
    Hmmm, what knowledge could be gained by comparing the number of men who fail the number of women who fail....? Hmmm, I wonder...

I'm still waiting for you to tell be what my agenda is.