Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1957 chevy truck (once navy owned)

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mama's girl View Post
    HELLO, I am so sorry that I have hit a nerve with a lot of you, some of you have made fun of me and given answers that are really not helping, I wonder if you really needed help and had a NAVY owned truck that ment a lot to you, if I read your story, and could help you I would, so have a good night. mama's girl once I find out how to post picts. I will
    Necro post or not, I got a good laugh at her haughty response.

She thinks that truck might be worth more because it was owned by the Navy, not likely.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If anything, it should be worth LESS. On the base where I work, there are quite a few Chevy Silverados that are of the 2007 to 2013 model years... they're all painted in a matte grey color, and when you look at the interior... they've all been gutted out and replaced with a shitty interior. They clearly have some sort of "operational" purpose, though I don't know what it is. These trucks likely belong to the riverine squadron commands.

I've driven "govies" (as "duty driver") before, but they were vehicles with the original paint job and interior left in tact.

I'm guessing this Chevy truck isn't the latter case, as she'd be less likely to know that it was even owned by the Navy.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    OK, blame me. I didn't look at the date the thread was started, nor the date of its last post. But for crap sake why are there such old theads on the first page? They were all from 2013. Why weren't there any 2014 threads there?

Dan
    CTOC(AW), USN, Retired

Recruit Training Command (Company 50), Orlando, FL Dec 1981-Jan 1982; CTO "A" and "C" schools NTTC Corry Station, Pensacola, FL Feb-Oct 1982; USS Saratoga (CV-60) 1982-1985; USS Forrestal (CV-59) 1985-1988; ONI Det Naval War College, Newport, RI 1988-1991; NAVSECGRUACT Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal 1991-1992; NAVSECGRUACT Rota, Spain 1992-1995; National Security Agency, Fort Meade, MD 1995-1998; USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67) 1998-2001.