Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Honest Feedback

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Lightbulb Open Honest Feedback

A great way to give/receive open and honest feed back is to have the rater get drunk first. So simple! Get the rater drunk and you'll really know what they think of you. Maybe it could work for EPRs too. What say you?
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Open Honest Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    A great way to give/receive open and honest feed back is to have the rater get drunk first. So simple! Get the rater drunk and you'll really know what they think of you. Maybe it could work for EPRs too. What say you?
    It works great with commanders too. We used to have a weekly beer call in my old office. If you were one of the last remaining few you were always caught up on the squadron gossip. Plus if you waited that long the commander was ussually so drunk he picked up the rest of the tab. I miss that place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That was the old Air Force. I don't know how many supervisors I had that hated my guts but everytime I would volunteer for a detail or something else to get away from them they would fight it. Many would admit later on at one of the many drunkfests that they kept me around because I was good mechanic...just a shitty Airman, which I fixed in later years.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I fit is mandatory, the AF has to pay for it! I'm in!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I use this method for picking up women. Get them drunk first, then take them home and know that I'm getting their true feelings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I use this method for picking up women. Get them drunk first, then take them home and know that I'm getting their true feelings.
    I was wondering where those teeth marks on your arm came from. Now we all know.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredretiredE7 View Post
    I was wondering where those teeth marks on your arm came from. Now we all know.
    I was always taught that they can't say no if they're drunk. It's much easier that way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    And when you wake up in the morning with teary eyes, burning face, and itchy skin you'll go to sick call and ask the doctor what caused this and he'll answer "Pepper Spray". :lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    That was the old Air Force.
    That was the true purpose of the Enlisted Club back in the day. Have some beers, talk out your problems. "Boss 'n Buddy" anyone?

I can't even get people to drink at promotion announcement parties, actual promotion parties, or even retirements any more. Let alone after a rough day. Sad sad days.
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:thumb Or a 'liquid lunch' at the bowling alley or golf club to work out problems in a relaxed,neutral, friendly environment. Remember those days? Present day.... "It's NJP for YOU BOY!! To the 'OLD MAN you GO!" :clock