Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Is it okay to laugh...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Taking the long walk
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Is it okay to laugh...

    ...every morning when the guys from the fitness assessment cell wheel six situp mats through the weight room on a cart?
    "If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha." -Field Marshall Sam Manekshaw

    "Courage is being the only one who knows you're afraid" -Col. David Hackworth

  2. #2
    Senior Member Robert F. Dorr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oakton, Virginia
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is it okay to laugh...

    Quote Originally Posted by EOMFD/GFYM8 View Post
    ...every morning when the guys from the fitness assessment cell wheel six situp mats through the weight room on a cart?
    I'll have to give you my answer later. Right now, I have to drive to my exercise class.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    548
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is it okay to laugh...

    Quote Originally Posted by EOMFD/GFYM8 View Post
    ...every morning when the guys from the fitness assessment cell wheel six situp mats through the weight room on a cart?
    Yep, same as when some spandex wearing pencil-neck wants to turn a fan off because it's too cold!

  4. #4
    Senior Member RobotChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Williamsburg VA
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is it okay to laugh...

    Quote Originally Posted by EOMFD/GFYM8 View Post
    ...every morning when the guys from the fitness assessment cell wheel six situp mats through the weight room on a cart?
    :lock1 And with a bake sale going on with diet soda. ound

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    stateside currently
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is it okay to laugh...

    And the medics do a group PT circuit that involves rolling around on big rubber balls and skipping in place--not that I ever had to do that...

  6. #6
    Senior Member technomage1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Rim
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Is it okay to laugh...

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOSteel View Post
    And the medics do a group PT circuit that involves rolling around on big rubber balls and skipping in place--not that I ever had to do that...
    Maybe it's just coincidence, but at all the bases I've ever been at medical always has the worst fitness record of all the squadrons. You'd think the folks in the Health care industry would be the best - so it's always puzzled me to see them dropping out of 1.5 mile wing runs or to see their failure rates on the slides. I know they don't get time for unit PT, but neither does mx and they do ok.

    I all think its funny the percentage that smokes. Again, you'd think they would know better.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

  7. #7
    Senior Member giggawatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Is it okay to laugh...

    Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    Maybe it's just coincidence, but at all the bases I've ever been at medical always has the worst fitness record of all the squadrons. You'd think the folks in the Health care industry would be the best - so it's always puzzled me to see them dropping out of 1.5 mile wing runs or to see their failure rates on the slides. I know they don't get time for unit PT, but neither does mx and they do ok.

    I all think its funny the percentage that smokes. Again, you'd think they would know better.
    You'd think that all that time they're closed they'd spend some of that time doing some PT.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At my desk
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is it okay to laugh...

    I think if you look around you'll see plenty of contradiction and irony in the Air Force, and you have to laugh and realize (hopefully) that is not the norm. Otherwise, I would just shake my head in embarassment and become overly cynical.

  9. #9
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Is it okay to laugh...

    Irony like dumb asses fixing multi million dollar assets.

  10. #10
    Senior Member BRUWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is it okay to laugh...

    Quote Originally Posted by TREYSLEDGE View Post
    I think if you look around you'll see plenty of contradiction and irony in the Air Force.
    It is pretty funny though...like the leader who sends out an e-mail to tell everybody that you can't lead by e-mail.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •