Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daughter passed tech school

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Daughter passed tech school

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Good news. But what's SIRBS?
    Missile warning satellite stuff, it's top secret, if I knew I would tell you!! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickymaz View Post
    And that's what really matters in today's AF!
    I know that's why I put that in here had to get the mandatory bitching about pt, and the required pt post in every post!! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You do it because the original writer was too lazy to convey his meaning. Even after looking at the link, I don't know what the term means. I'm really glad the daughter has overcome challenges and is moving smartly forward in life. I would be proud of her, too. And if I were telling others, I would want to be sure they understand my meaning. Oh, and please don't tell me this is a term in general use that everyone else understands, because it isn't.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space-B...nfrared_System

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    Congrats! My daughter is 2.5 week in to basic!

And sorry, I've had no luck tracking down a patch for you.

http://www.losangeles.af.mil/library...et.asp?id=5514

I don't know why I still bother to take 8 seconds out of my life to Google things for you... you'd think I'd have given up by now...
    Glad to here that your daughter is now in the club,, hope all is going well for her in BMT and the MTI's are being very kind to her!! :-) no worries about the patch, I'll find one at some point. Thanks for looking again. Btw are you back in the land of the big BX yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead dad View Post
    Glad to here that your daughter is now in the club,, hope all is going well for her in BMT and the MTI's are being very kind to her!! :-) no worries about the patch, I'll find one at some point. Thanks for looking again. Btw are you back in the land of the big BX yet?
    Not yet. I come home in may on R&R for her graduation and then come back over for 2 months and then I'm done in Aug!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not yet. I come home in may on R&R for her graduation and then come back over for 2 months and then I'm done in Aug!
    Well hope all is well in sand land, and I bet you are looking forward to graduation, your turn to be the proud pappa!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You do it because the original writer was too lazy to convey his meaning. Even after looking at the link, I don't know what the term means. I'm really glad the daughter has overcome challenges and is moving smartly forward in life. I would be proud of her, too. And if I were telling others, I would want to be sure they understand my meaning. Oh, and please don't tell me this is a term in general use that everyone else understands, because it isn't.
    I knew what it meant because I'm a Space Command guy. Do I know what it does, no, but if I cared I'd go look. I don't expect the OP to write a 12 page thesis explaining what it is. I know I'm :deadhorse and my behavior meets the definition of insanity, but I'll say it again... the posts here aren't journalistic endeavors. Those posting aren't required to cite sources, spell everything out and dumb it down to the lowest common denominator. It is incumbent on the reader to make the decision if they care enough to get the back story or do the research. Do you have a vested interest in knowing what job his daughter is going to be doing? If so, then the information is out there; if not, then move on to the next post/thread.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know why I still bother to take 8 seconds out of my life to Google things for you... you'd think I'd have given up by now...
    I'm going to try this again. Here goes.

You can Google away until you're blue in the face but Google cannot tell you what the writer intends.

The item you came up with tells me nothing about the writer or what was on his mind when he elected to use a little-known abbreviation rather than writing in plain English.

It's exciting to learn of the daughter's success. Most people who post here do not mention family members. I do not, with the exception of my Labrador retriever, Autumn. If I did want to tell the world about a family member's successes, I would do so proudly and would choose words that others can understand. If a reader has to guess my meaning, with or without help from Google, then I haven't succeeded.

Try to grasp this. Google can't tell you, or me, the writer's intent. Google doesn't know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats Jarhead Dad/Jarhead Dad's daughter.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to try this again. Here goes.

You can Google away until you're blue in the face but Google cannot tell you what the writer intends.

The item you came up with tells me nothing about the writer or what was on his mind when he elected to use a little-known abbreviation rather than writing in plain English.

It's exciting to learn of the daughter's success. Most people who post here do not mention family members. I do not, with the exception of my Labrador retriever, Autumn. If I did want to tell the world about a family member's successes, I would do so proudly and would choose words that others can understand. If a reader has to guess my meaning, with or without help from Google, then I haven't succeeded.

Try to grasp this. Google can't tell you, or me, the writer's intent. Google doesn't know that.
    you crack me up... this has GOT to be a bit, because no one could possibly be this thick headed or unwilling to embrace all the resources available to them. He said his daughter is going to SBIRS; I posted the AF Fact Sheet on the Directorate that runs the program, how many satellites the system has and what they do. If that doesn't clearly tell you what SIBRS is, I can't help you. If you'd read his posts before, you'd know his daughter is a 1C6X1, Space System Operator. Seems a bit over the top for everyone to have to post footnotes to every post, refering the (turning your words back to you) LAZY reader to every historical post linked to the current post/conversation.

I don't know why I keep trying... I guess I'm a sucker, because we've had this discussion numerous times, with teh end result being me :frusty .