Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Purple Hearts for Fort Hood Victims, Pentagon Says

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No Purple Hearts for Fort Hood Victims, Pentagon Says

"Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: No Purple Hearts for Fort Hood Victims, Pentagon Says

Why is it "bullshit"? While tragic, this didn't happen in combat theater. If we awarded the victims here, then that would set a precedent.

Should I get a bronze star for applying CPR to a car accident victim? Should I get a combat action badge for getting shot at in a driveby outside my house? Should I get a purple heart for getting hit by a semi in an intersection?

This in no way demeans the victims... its just a matter of fact that this wasn't in a combat zone... this was workplace violence in the states.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Why is it "bullshit"? While tragic, this didn't happen in combat theater. If we awarded the victims here, then that would set a precedent.

Should I get a bronze star for applying CPR to a car accident victim? Should I get a combat action badge for getting shot at in a driveby outside my house? Should I get a purple heart for getting hit by a semi in an intersection?
    Joe, for once cut the liberal shit. You know just as well as anyone else that this is plain WRONG. Use some common sense for once man.

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:spy "affect the outcome of a fair trial"....I'll give him a 'FAIR TRAIL'.....:target

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    Joe, for once cut the liberal shit. You know just as well as anyone else that this is plain WRONG. Use some common sense for once man.
    Why is this "plain wrong"? Over a hundred Marines die in non-combat related incidents every year. Should they all get purple hearts?

This isn't about liberals or conservatives - yes that probably sounds really weird coming from me... but the DOD categorized this as workplace violence... hence why there's no purple hearts. Now maybe if it could be proven that the shooter was under the control of a foreign terrorist organization, it might maybe be a different story. But to my knowledge the current consensus is he acted alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is this "plain wrong"? Over a hundred Marines die in non-combat related incidents every year. Should they all get purple hearts?

This isn't about liberals or conservatives - yes that probably sounds really weird coming from me... but the DOD categorized this as workplace violence... hence why there's no purple hearts. Now maybe if it could be proven that the shooter was under the control of a foreign terrorist organization, it might maybe be a different story. But to my knowledge the current consensus is he acted alone.
    Dude, if you seriously believe this, then you're beyond help at this point. The GWOT has no definitive borders, or have you forgotten that?

*Shaking My Damn Head*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Despite extensive evidence that Hasan was in communication with al Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki prior to the attack, the military has denied the victims a Purple Heart and has treated the incident as "workplace violence" instead of "combat related" or terrorism.
    So this direct quote from the article does nothing for you, Joe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This in no way demeans the victims... its just a matter of fact that this wasn't in a combat zone... this was workplace violence in the states.
    :spy I presume 9/11 was a result of work place violence on a 'postal' scale? How about the 'war on drugs'? Where is that 'combat zone'? :clock

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    Dude, if you seriously believe this, then you're beyond help at this point. The GWOT has no definitive borders, or have you forgotten that?

*Shaking My Damn Head*
    The point is - as long as this is classified as workplace violence - and not a terrorist attack - the victims will remain ineligible for the purple heart. If we gave them purple hearts - then that would open the door to give a purple heart to every service member who got hurt or killed by violence while in garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotChicken View Post
    :spy I presume 9/11 was a result of work place violence on a 'postal' scale? How about the 'war on drugs'? Where is that 'combat zone'? :clock
    According to the article - the 9/11 Pentagon attack victims are eligible for a Purple Heart. Which makes sense, because 9/11 was a coordinated attack against us by a foreign organization... like Pearl Harbor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn you JOE!! I have to agree with you yet again... A lone nutjob does not an opposing armed force make...

The Purple Heart is awarded for wounds or death as result of an act of any opposing armed force, as a result of an international terrorist attack or as a result of military operations while serving as part of a peacekeeping force.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings