Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Obvious Troll is Obvious

  1. #21
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Was that a smart thing to say with a government email account? Nope. Was he 100% on target? Absolutely. I have yet to see any of these god-fearin' gun ownin' NRA Americans using their guns to actually defend our civil rights.
    Because we haven't had to yet. I have yet to see these occupy Wall Street idiots prove a point without benefitting from the same corporations they are protesting.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    What defense against aggressive tyranny would you prefer?
    That this defense against tyranny actually occur. Why is it gun owners were able to stir themselves to open fire on Soldiers trying to protect the schools for black students... but somehow none showed up to defend the other side of the line?

    Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    Joe would you have suggested the use of guns during the Civil Rights Movement? The purpose was integration and acceptance as equals. This counter argument of yours is just a red herring to cloud the issues.

    Both are Constitutional rights, so the theory of using one to cancel the other is nonsense.

    Since guns are a specific right listed in Constitution, then the regulation of such should be based on individual behaviors (felons, mental health, etc.) not the object itself.
    Interesting, but not relevant to what I said.

    So here's the question - why is it during the civil rights movement - the time when crowds of angry white racists tried to hang black people and murder police and military trying to defend the black people... how come none of the good gun owners stepped into the light? I see no evidence that private gun ownership did any good in the fight against tyranny.

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Because we haven't had to yet.
    I would think that people getting murdered and schools being set on fire would be sufficient reason to bring out the guns. But nope. I guess in your mind tyranny is only important to fight if it affects white christians.

  3. #23
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    That this defense against tyranny actually occur. Why is it gun owners were able to stir themselves to open fire on Soldiers trying to protect the schools for black students... but somehow none showed up to defend the other side of the line?



    Interesting, but not relevant to what I said.

    So here's the question - why is it during the civil rights movement - the time when crowds of angry white racists tried to hang black people and murder police and military trying to defend the black people... how come none of the good gun owners stepped into the light? I see no evidence that private gun ownership did any good in the fight against tyranny.



    I would think that people getting murdered and schools being set on fire would be sufficient reason to bring out the guns. But nope. I guess in your mind tyranny is only important to fight if it affects white christians.
    Not when the cops are doing their jobs. Now if the cops and military come and try to confiscate or institute martial law then it if hot be a different story. Therefore they haven't been needed yet. Good work Joe. You almost got it that time.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Not when the cops are doing their jobs. Now if the cops and military come and try to confiscate or institute martial law then it if hot be a different story. Therefore they haven't been needed yet. Good work Joe. You almost got it that time.
    Ah so if you see your neighbors hanging a black guy you won't do anything about it. Got it. You will only fight tyranny if it affects you.

    Good to know that you'll be absolutely useless if shit hits the fan.

  5. #25
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Ah so if you see your neighbors hanging a black guy you won't do anything about it. Got it. You will only fight tyranny if it affects you.

    Good to know that you'll be absolutely useless if shit hits the fan.
    I would because the cops aren't there. Cops wouldn't be able to do there jobs. Yes crime is stopped by armed citizens all the time.

  6. #26
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    The people who are useless are the ones that wouldn't pick up a firearm period.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    I would because the cops aren't there. Cops wouldn't be able to do there jobs. Yes crime is stopped by armed citizens all the time.
    Good for you... so why didn't that happen during the civil rights movement? Why did heavily armed racists open fire on schools, but there were no good guys with guns to stop them until the military showed up?

    The people who are useless are the ones that wouldn't pick up a firearm period.
    There's lots of good a person can do without touching a firearm... its better to not touch a firearm and do good things than to pick up a firearm and do bad things.

    The fact that you would even think such a sentiment says a lot about you.

  8. #28
    Senior Member RS6405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SRB
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    Joe, racism is stupidity in its finest example. There was a lot of mob mentality going on that produced a lot of fear in those who did not believe in society's crap/hype on the subject. Yet, in truth the majority of of our country bought into that hype/crap.

    If you had studied the subject, you would know that it was our communist enemies ebarassing us on the world stage by pointing out that the freedom we promote so much did not extend to all of our citizens at the time. When civil rights laws passed it was our government that actually performed a 180 from what their prior stance happen to be and what they promoted into society for decades.

    So while we all agree that racism is stupid, asinine, and moronic, I wonder if you see the irony that in your question or statement. The fact that there were pockets of people who grabbed guns to defend against government tyranny occurred when people fought segregation. You ask about where were the good guys ready to fight the good fight, but you are asking the question using modern knowledge against historical context. It is best to learn from the past, but not twist it.

    Also have some faith in society, there were far more acceptance of integration in schools and such than such opposition.

  9. #29
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Ah so if you see your neighbors hanging a black guy you won't do anything about it. Got it. You will only fight tyranny if it affects you.

    Good to know that you'll be absolutely useless if shit hits the fan.
    You said I would be useless when the shit hits the fan. Contradicting yourself again JB.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obvious Troll is Obvious

    Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    Joe, racism is stupidity in its finest example. There was a lot of mob mentality going on that produced a lot of fear in those who did not believe in society's crap/hype on the subject. Yet, in truth the majority of of our country bought into that hype/crap.

    If you had studied the subject, you would know that it was our communist enemies ebarassing us on the world stage by pointing out that the freedom we promote so much did not extend to all of our citizens at the time. When civil rights laws passed it was our government that actually performed a 180 from what their prior stance happen to be and what they promoted into society for decades.

    So while we all agree that racism is stupid, asinine, and moronic, I wonder if you see the irony that in your question or statement. The fact that there were pockets of people who grabbed guns to defend against government tyranny occurred when people fought segregation. You ask about where were the good guys ready to fight the good fight, but you are asking the question using modern knowledge against historical context. It is best to learn from the past, but not twist it.

    Also have some faith in society, there were far more acceptance of integration in schools and such than such opposition.
    The government and the people are not two distinct entities - the government is influenced to at least some extent by the attitudes of the population. After the Civil War and the failed attempt by the Radical Republicans (the good guys at the time) to disenfranchise Confederate supporters - these same racists used their voting power to keep blacks oppressed for the next 100 years.

    It was only after years of non-violent civil rights work did this barrier finally get upended.

    I just find it interesting that even in the face of brutal mob violence... there were lots of equally violent militias who hunted blacks and white sympathizers... but a mysterious absence of gun wielding militias to DEFEND minorities from tyranny... why is this?

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    You said I would be useless when the shit hits the fan. Contradicting yourself again JB.
    How have I contradicted myself? I stand by that statement. I think you would stand by and try to justify every crime committed against us right up until the bitter end. I could be wrong... but that's what I think would happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •