Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GET RID OF REPUTATION

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GET RID OF REPUTATION

Moderators: The reputation system is the reason for much of the strife on this board. It is the reason why several members have multiple accounts in order to gang up on people who they don't like or who they just can't engage in intelligent debate. It is a broken system and always has been. Get rid of it!

Those of us who have been here a while know who the trolls are and aren't so reputation is unneeded. New members will learn quickly. There is no need for reputation - get rid of it and you will eliminate one of the things that is dragging this forum down.

- James
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: GET RID OF REPUTATION

I tried going down this road. The mods are powerless. It is a website issue and they straight up told me that it would not be changed. However, thanks to SomeRandomGuy, the reputation system is no longer anonymous. Sure it takes a bit of effort but you can identify anyone that reps or negs you and hit them back if necessary.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It did significantly drop off once they couldn't hide behind their keyboard... but I concur
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    I tried going down this road. The mods are powerless. It is a website issue and they straight up told me that it would not be changed. However, thanks to SomeRandomGuy, the reputation system is no longer anonymous. Sure it takes a bit of effort but you can identify anyone that reps or negs you and hit them back if necessary.
    i am not so sure about that. i have been an admin/mod on vbulletin forums, and the rep system an optional feature. it can be removed.

i do agree that it should removed here. it does nothing but cause trouble and allow the less mature to devolve more.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I concur as well, while it is kind of fun to be able to "respond in kind" now that we can track the source. It does get old, and the only real alternative we have is to get a bunch of people together and rep bomb the bejeezus out of em until their rep-giving powers are absolutely negligible (also why the troll who created the actual "Sithlord" account apparently left the playing field, they never posted to get hit in return and got must have gotten sick of hitting us up with gray dings).
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No way! My reputation represents who I am. How else will I ever be able to judge my self-worth?
    When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    Moderators: The reputation system is the reason for much of the strife on this board. It is the reason why several members have multiple accounts in order to gang up on people who they don't like or who they just can't engage in intelligent debate. It is a broken system and always has been. Get rid of it!

Those of us who have been here a while know who the trolls are and aren't so reputation is unneeded. New members will learn quickly. There is no need for reputation - get rid of it and you will eliminate one of the things that is dragging this forum down.

- James
    I think we peaked at the "Blutarski Incident". (Chief Wiggums voice) That was some good hate boys.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After separating from active duty, I worked for a trucking company as an on-the-road supervisor, and as such my work days were varied. Some days I spent the majority of the time on the road, doing saftey patrols, route audits, landfill observations, and accident investigations. Other days were spent, mostly, in the office getting caught up on paperwork, or working the dispatch desk.

After some time, I started to ponder, to myself, which group engages in more drama, emotion, or histrionics; the females of the front offices, or the big, burley truck drivers? After awhile I found it didn't matter, humans are human!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting... as soon as I posted about the appearance that the fella above me forgot which profile he posted under in the "Thanks Moderators" thread, it disappeared...
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I just went fully through all options like the above says we can do and there is no option like it says to turn off rep view.
    Unless I'm missing it, the term "User CP" is no longer used on this vbulliten forum, which would indivate to me the FAQs are outdated.