Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GET RID OF REPUTATION

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: GET RID OF REPUTATION

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Chief, your banter and accusations ruined that thread, but you're still okay in my book.
    Well played! :usa2
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a vbulletin site... I think there is a way to turn off reputation - or tweak it so it isn't as ridiculously bloated as it is now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    I concur as well, while it is kind of fun to be able to "respond in kind" now that we can track the source. It does get old, and the only real alternative we have is to get a bunch of people together and rep bomb the bejeezus out of em until their rep-giving powers are absolutely negligible (also why the troll who created the actual "Sithlord" account apparently left the playing field, they never posted to get hit in return and got must have gotten sick of hitting us up with gray dings).

Well said..

My solution is the opposite though.

REP bomb everyone (and I mean everyone) with positives that would be the same as no rep. Let people's words speak for themselves and over time someone who has something to contribute will be known. The trolls will be ignored and maybe go away.

<-- stupid Squid checking in

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I propose either scrapping it entirely, or let users opt out of it.
    Again - as a vbulletin site... there is a way to allow users to "disable" their reputation system. So many potential solutions... why don't the mods do any of it? Your guess is as good as mine!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Man, it's good to be back. I've learned my lesson.

On a totally different topic, thread_cop PMed me and said he was going on vacation, so probably won't be posting for some time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the last software let users choose to not display rep, why not this update.
    Psshhhh... again - I have not the slightest idea. The logic by which this place is run eludes me sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Man, it's good to be back. I've learned my lesson.

On a totally different topic, thread_cop PMed me and said he was going on vacation, so probably won't be posting for some time.
    lol... welcome back!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    lol... welcome back!
    Some of us are willing to take a trip to ban camp like a man... apparently for some people, that "fight for flight" reflex kicks in, and they create an alt-account so they can continue gabbering even during the ban.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I get a neg rep, this is my response:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The rep system needs to be disabled or moderated. It's way better now you can figure out who left you rep, but allowing a troll to run unchecked for 8 months and leave helpful "feedback" such as "faggot" was too much. Not cool.

On the other hand, I never gave so much positive rep as I did then, trying to mitigate the effect this was having on the boards. I still don't know why anyone would take the time or effort to create multiple accounts and try to harass people.
    Newton's First Law of Motion