Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When we these guys ever....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When we these guys ever....

STFU????

I still hold a pretty high opinion of them but lately some just can't seem to let the OBL raid go and they seem to want some sort of glory. Much of the mystique in the past about them was that they used to be totally the opposite. And it's funny...if you ever work for them they will run your ass outta town if you even whisper the wrong thing to the wrong person. But here are the same people running their mouths on the front page of every national publication every few months. What's happening to these guys?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/world/...html?hpt=hp_c2
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: When we these guys ever....

I bet most of the guys in that community are embarrassed as hell. It isn't unprecedented, though. It just seems to be happening more often. I suppose that will happen as the community grows.

JD2780

Yes they need to shut their mouths. It's no different than any other job. You don't want people constantly running to the media running their mouths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    STFU????

I still hold a pretty high opinion of them but lately some just can't seem to let the OBL raid go and they seem to want some sort of glory. Much of the mystique in the past about them was that they used to be totally the opposite. And it's funny...if you ever work for them they will run your ass outta town if you even whisper the wrong thing to the wrong person. But here are the same people running their mouths on the front page of every national publication every few months. What's happening to these guys?

This will continue to happen as long as unpatriotic Americans who know better go to see movies based on the tactics of SEALS.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soon they'll have their own reality show.

JD2780

They do. Real housewives of Orange County!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Without pictures....oh, nevermind..
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

STFU????

What's happening to these guys?
    I think a lot of it they are just getting pissed that day in, and day out, that they are told they are the "Silent Professionals". Then their Generals (McCrystal) and their top enlisted (SGM Haney) write books, get crazy endorsements, and retarded TV shows and cash out. Yeah, I just gave two Army examples... Hmmm Marcinko. There is a Navy voice.

But I agree. I think all of them need to be quiet. All of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They need to end their reputation points program too it would seem. LOL
    "Chief, I have never been, or ever will be, a Warrior.
    Doesn't matter how many times you make me say it, it will never be true."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

STFU????

Don't blame Peter Bergen, who does about as good a job as anyone of covering developments of this kind. My take on your plaint is that it's the Navy Seals you want to STFU and not people like Bergen who cover the story. (I was able to identify this Air Force abbreviation without assistance from Mister Google). The trouble is, the public has an insatiable hunger for Navy SEAL stories. Does anyone know the total number of Navy SEAL books out there? Some military buffs have entire libraries of them. It's easy to get tired of hearing the different versions of the bin Laden kill story but that is not entirely the SEALs' fault. The very first account of the bin Laden raid came from then-White House advisor John Brennan and it was wildly, wildly inaccurate.