Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Retroactive Compensation Payment from VA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Retroactive Compensation Payment from VA

Thanks for your post. I just now reviewed the VA form 21-686c I filed to add my wife. (the VA rep completed it and I reviewed) Have her birth date as 1-1-1932 and it should be 1-15-1932. I suppose they will reject it because of this?? If I read what you are saying, they will not retroactive the extra payment for a spouse? Only start when she is approved? I was wondering about this. A DAV rep filled out my initial claim and never mentioned that I needed to file this form and I just didn't know about it. Guess I should have did more homework before filing a claim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can anyone give me instruction on opening a private message in my inbox? have been trying to display 2 messages in my inbox for several days. Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

On the top left, under Forums, there should be a Private Message heading. Push that, when you arrive at your messages, click on the message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Just checked my compensation status and see that the contractor (QTC) that did my VA physical, blood work, etc is two weeks overdue on getting their results back to the VA. I'm only four months into my claim process and already want to kick someone's ass!
    Flaps If you call Peggy at the 1800 Number. 1800 827 1000 Hit option 1 then 2 then 3 then 1 then 0. You don't want to wait for all the bull they will tell you the Average wait for the RO you are useing. If you are in VA the average wait is 10 months. Good Luck. I have one claim that is 15 months old. Just to put the daughters back on my file

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdintn View Post
    Thanks for your post. I just now reviewed the VA form 21-686c I filed to add my wife. (the VA rep completed it and I reviewed) Have her birth date as 1-1-1932 and it should be 1-15-1932. I suppose they will reject it because of this?? If I read what you are saying, they will not retroactive the extra payment for a spouse? Only start when she is approved? I was wondering about this. A DAV rep filled out my initial claim and never mentioned that I needed to file this form and I just didn't know about it. Guess I should have did more homework before filing a claim.
    As long as you filed the spouse claim within one year of your claim date you should get back pay. Any questions PM me