Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retroactive Compensation Payment from VA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Retroactive Compensation Payment from VA

Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    Sir, you have stoked my interest. What was your experience at the VA and how was there an expense incurred?
    Shortly after having arrived in Kansas having moved from California I developed cellulites so I drove the hour to Fort Leavenworth not knowing they no longer had an active hospital. I was told to check the VA hospital. I told them at VA I had Medicare part A and B and I had Tricare for life. I was admitted to the hospital and treated. I stayed three days. A week latter I get a bill for the hospital stay and all the medication. Was told they do not take Medicare nor Tricare. The bill came to around $3000.00. If I had used a civilian hospital Medicare and Tricare would have covered the entire thing.

Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post #23 after #24...........:rocketwhore:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    Had you been rated for that as a disability? Does the VA accept insurances?
    Can people go to VA and get treated for anything they need, or just what
    they got rated for? Thanks for your time.
    I don't know the answer to this. I now use a civilian doctor (love her) and if necessary a civilian hospital. Medicare and Tricare cover it. Not all doctors will take Medicare or Tricare so if one goes this route they need to check beforehand. I also would make sure you understand what the VA will and will not cover before you use them if you go that route. That was my mistake I took the word of an individual at VA who did not know what they were talking about plus I was sicker than a dog at the time. My disability is civilian related and not military. I am 100% Social Security disabled however.

Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

efmban

Did anything change with your CRSC monthly allotment? Have you learned anything about the process that you can share? My husband got a letter in March stating that he's eligible for 50% CRSC and it dates back to Sep.2011, but the only payment he's received is the monthly payment of 760. no large sums. I'm curious as to why your payment has already hit and you were eligible one year after he was. Perhaps it has to do with whichever VA regional facility it's coming from?? Ours is in Louisville.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Endorphika View Post
    efmban

Did anything change with your CRSC monthly allotment? Have you learned anything about the process that you can share? My husband got a letter in March stating that he's eligible for 50% CRSC and it dates back to Sep.2011, but the only payment he's received is the monthly payment of 760. no large sums. I'm curious as to why your payment has already hit and you were eligible one year after he was. Perhaps it has to do with whichever VA regional facility it's coming from?? Ours is in Louisville.
    The originating office could be a factor. I have heard that Nebraska, Oakland, Baltimore and others have serious problems. The only saving grace (and I know this is not the right answer) is that eventually the back pay will arrive. If your husband has a myPay account, CRSC can be accessed/viewed there.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just checked my compensation status and see that the contractor (QTC) that did my VA physical, blood work, etc is two weeks overdue on getting their results back to the VA. I'm only four months into my claim process and already want to kick someone's ass!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What VA claim pgrm are you usng? I ask b/c you say you are 4 months into claim and hd your VA exam, i saw you said in anther thread that you just got paroled and startd growing facial hair. what do you mean paroled?what I am confused b/c most people do not hav VA exam until after final out dte, at least thats what my husbnd had too do. So I am guesing there is some new pgrm that allows early VA exam befor offl ret date. This could be educational for upcoming retires;

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkieToes View Post
    What VA claim pgrm are you usng? I ask b/c you say you are 4 months into claim and hd your VA exam, i saw you said in anther thread that you just got paroled and startd growing facial hair. what do you mean paroled?what I am confused b/c most people do not hav VA exam until after final out dte, at least thats what my husbnd had too do. So I am guesing there is some new pgrm that allows early VA exam befor offl ret date. This could be educational for upcoming retires;
    I think they call it BDD. I filed my claim and was subsequently evaluated before my terminal leave started. I am not officially retired until 1 Sep.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi there, I was just reading your post and it sounds like I'm in the same boat as you. I was awarded an approval for a claim I submitted back in September 2008 for Sleep Apnea and I received my first monthly payment on October 1st 2012. I received a direct deposit payment of $2.700 from DFAS but nothing from VA for retro-CRDP from September 2008-September 2012. Its August 2013 and still haven't heard a word from the VA in reference to this payment. My asumption is if you got $7k for approx. 6 months.....My payment would be substantialy larger because we are talking about 4 years of back-pay. Would I be correct in this asumption? I did retire in 2001 (20years) and my Disability is service connected.....Any info would be greatly appricated.

Sincerely,
    Mark

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I would guess you are correct. The process will pass through DFAS so they can either make adjustments to your retiree account or verify no adjustments are required. Since you have a rating over 50%, it is a check the block - it should not affect your retiree payments. It does take time, however. How long? Who knows. In my case, I get the checks each month but only my retiree pay is viewable on myPay.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke